Just when you think everything is good, BAM!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwceng11

MDS Supporter
    Nov 26, 2012
    Towson
    Destiny

Well returning from the East Coast Steel Challenge Main event Sunday night I got about 1 mile from my house and was involved in a crash with a DUI driver. Person drove right thru a stop sign with no lights on as I got to the intersection. Managed to walk away with only an airbag burn on my left wrist and inhaled some of that propellant gas it uses. Had to crawl out the driver's side window of my Explorer. I think my Explorer has passed on to a better life. The driver, female, gave the cops a lot of sh*t and ended up being charged with Aggravated DUI and hauled off in cuffs. Just hope she has insurance (fairly new Ford Fusion so likely). If I had not taken a slightly different route home to stop by the 7-11 by the VA Med Center where I work and pickup some ice-cream I would not have been on that road and its possible somebody might have been killed or seriously injured later on.
    Up till that point I was so happy. I won a Colt 1911 Competition Pistol off the prize table. I had had a premonition I was going to win one leading up to the event and including the day I arrived. This for a guy who has not won a firearm since 2010 at a match. Now if I could only get a premonition about the lotteries.

It was destiny, you were rewarded with the pistol for the actions that were to happen later.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I was a racer in the SCCA for over 2 decades. I had extinguishers in every vehicle I ran per the rules. When I stopped racing I stuck the extinguishers in my cars. Unfortunately they disappeared into the house and never got back in the cars. Just got word by email from Liberty Mutual that they declared the GT a total loss. In the meantime with their OK I swapped every part that I upgraded that didn't require a lift to install. Too bad about the Koni shocks & struts, control arms, panhard bar, sway bars, and control arm lowering brackets.
    Just lucky for me that I signed up for Better Car Replacement when I went into debt for the Mustang. Not sure where they are going to find a 2014 GT with only 35k miles at.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I was a racer in the SCCA for over 2 decades. I had extinguishers in every vehicle I ran per the rules. When I stopped racing I stuck the extinguishers in my cars. Unfortunately they disappeared into the house and never got back in the cars. Just got word by email from Liberty Mutual that they declared the GT a total loss. In the meantime with their OK I swapped every part that I upgraded that didn't require a lift to install. Too bad about the Koni shocks & struts, control arms, panhard bar, sway bars, and control arm lowering brackets.
    Just lucky for me that I signed up for Better Car Replacement when I went into debt for the Mustang. Not sure where they are going to find a 2014 GT with only 35k miles at.

You’ve had a rough couple of months. I hope your luck changes.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    The most important part is that you were able to walk away, oh and winning a gun is pretty important as well.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    No blower although it had crossed my mind. Could not find a cause myself. The way the Better Car Replacement works is they add money to your payout as if you had the newer car so that you will not be upside down on a loan and they can pay the finance company and maybe give you the rest if there is some. I can live with that. Just means I need to go out and buy another Stang when all is said and done. Maybe wait till the spring. Mean time I will complete the suspension upgrade on my Audi S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom