Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 1st, 2020, 01:10 PM #61

Doco Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 05:08 PM #62

While the NRA verbalizes gun rights they have not been there when issues are on the line. Remember Virginia? Virginia recently passed some legislation that was only mitigated by grass roots efforts, you tube videos, and word of mouth. The NRA was virtually silent...... Until they clean house they are probably reluctant to say anything due to the fallout they will receive. They are only as strong as their weakest link and they have several weak links. Additionally, they have used my membership money on postage asking me to rejoin throughout the year long before my membership was up.......and they still send membership info despite the fact that I asked them not to.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 05:41 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hile View Post
Have No idea if this is true,, but,, with all their posturing about protecting the 2A, the NRA has, none the less, allowed Maryland libtards to eliminate the Second Amendment, under a mountain of INFRINGEMENTS.
None of the 2A groups "allowed" the progressive super majority to do anything. We get the government we deserve; blame your fellow voting citizens for the shit show that is the MGA. The NRA has sent representation to the MGA on multiple occasions... that representation was as soundly ignored as me (both as an individual and lobbyist) and every other 2A supporting citizen that attempts to testify in front of openly hostile people.

Until those eligible to vote actually want change, this is the status quo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MJD438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:11 PM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilexopaca View Post
If one's goal is to secure their 2-A rights a strategy based on the idea of maintaining a perpetual, uninterrupted stream of conservative presidents and justices seems foolhardy.

What has worked for the majority of our history is the overwhelming consensus among ordinary Americans that we all have the right to bear arms.

Yet many gun owner's thinking is still informed by the NRA's stoking of paranoia in order to line their pockets. A paranoia that also leads people to proactively undermine or skirt laws with devices such as 80% lowers and bump stocks. Which in turn stokes paranoia among non-gun owners who can see this law skirting for what it is.

It is self-defeating. Paranoid, armed, law-breakers are perceived as bad guys in the eyes of most ordinary Americans. They are only "good guys with guns" in the eyes of a minority of Americans. Not only is the NRA totally, irretrievably corrupt but they have completely failed in their stated mission.

Long-term it's the voters that matter, not politicians or judges.

A simple rebranding will not solve this problem. It's time to garner consensus and put support behind a single alternative organization with an effective long-term strategy to ensure that a majority of ordinary Americans continue to value their 2A rights.

The fact of the matter is that collectively, we, the members of this forum, I'm guessing - are pretty much armed to the teeth. Not because of the NRA but in spite of it. It's time to let go of all the NRA's bullshit tactics of fear-mongering. Cool heads will prevail - don't get your panties all tied up in knots.
Thank you for your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD438 View Post
None of the 2A groups "allowed" the progressive super majority to do anything. We get the government we deserve; blame your fellow voting citizens for the shit show that is the MGA. The NRA has sent representation to the MGA on multiple occasions... that representation was as soundly ignored as me (both as an individual and lobbyist) and every other 2A supporting citizen that attempts to testify in front of openly hostile people.

Until those eligible to vote actually want change, this is the status quo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yep!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
-Declaration of Independence 7/4/1776
Bisleyfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:16 PM #65

NRA-ILA Maryland representative Shannon Alford worked tirelessly to preserve our 2A right. Just saying.
MD Designated Collector
MSI Executive Member (Former Board)
SAF - Life Member
NRA - Life Member (Benefactor)

U.S. Navy Veteran

PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING MSI

rambling_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2020, 07:40 PM #66

Interesting and informative. Thats what I like about this board. Happy Independence day all.
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2020, 12:24 AM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambling_one View Post
NRA-ILA Maryland representative Shannon Alford worked tirelessly to preserve our 2A right. Just saying.
Yes she did.

Sadly, she quit after the peaceful SJWs threats against her and her family became too frightening.

Apparently their lives don't matter. No marches no riots and I'm not aware of any prosecutions.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues