• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    whoever did that cad put flush baseplate on the competition but extended baseplate on the P365? P365 will be shorter in grip, not longer, but whit same grip height for hand to grasp with that undercut

Also the scale might be off a bit, the Sig is shorter than most by around 1/2", shorter than the LC9 by .2, but shows identical length in the pic, same with the height, although even still if the profiles are the right shape, it should have the highest grip, and most room on the frontstrap despite being the smallest pistol out of the comparison with the greatest capacity. Judging by the few spots in videos where the pistol is pointing ahead, looks like the slide is lightly narrower, and tapers to the top, with the grip being the widest point besides the slide stop, would like to see caliper measurements on it, and see what part they are measuring the advertised 1" at. a slightly wider grip with more room, and factory extended and +2 mags should be awesome for folks with larger hands. If it lives up to the advertising they should sell like crazy.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Handled one today, felt a lot like the 224. Not bad with the extended mag.

Here are some lame pics I took
    7f803f15f83f9729f498939d419be8da.jpg
    14cfb8a1adfcd5e2a51f818dd48fef33.jpg
    f18c974b444d340545e996a647506ba5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Handled one today, felt a lot like the 224. Not bad with the extended mag.

Here are some lame pics I took ...

"Lame" pics are still appreciated ... as is the first impression of course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It is not subcompact (P320 is 40% larger in raw volume and 33% heavier), it is smaller than subcompact. P365 is smaller or equal to g43, Shield, XDs.

p365: L 5.8, H 4.3, W 1, 18oz, cap 10/12+1

p320 sc: L 6.7, H 4.7, W 1.1, 25oz, cap 10/12/more +1

Way smaller in every dimension and measure.

This gun, if it has no major problem, is a single stack striker market killer.

Well I have both the 320 and a G43 and other than width there is not a huge difference. Yes the 43 is narrower but not by a ton.
    There's no way the handgrip on the new 365 is equal to or less than a 43

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It is not subcompact (P320 is 40% larger in raw volume and 33% heavier), it is smaller than subcompact. P365 is smaller or equal to g43, Shield, XDs.

p365: L 5.8, H 4.3, W 1, 18oz, cap 10/12+1
    p320 sc: L 6.7, H 4.7, W 1.1, 25oz, cap 10/12/more +1

Way smaller in every dimension and measure.

This gun, if it has no major problem, is a single stack striker market killer.

Yep. If this thing works when it's supposed to and doesn't go bang when you drop it, SIG is going to sell a ton of them. I want one.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    At first glance it looks extremely top heavy
    did you see the pics I posted from AR15? I think the glock 43 is likely more top heavy. and you will have ten rounds in that stack in the 365 in the middle. and your hand looks like will be closer up on the bore on the 365 than the glock43
    Screenshot_20180109-094259-415404.png

Screenshot_20180109-094256-415406.png

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Fix the rail and go to a 3.75 or 4" barrel and I'm in. Another 50 fps and slightly longer sight radius would be cool.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks for these. Did you finger it? How’s the trigger and reset? Anything close to a P224 with the SRT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll check it out again tomorrow. I don't think the trigger was anything exceptional, but it's a $500 polymer gun. I'll check the reset tomorrow .

The thing I liked the least was the gap between the mag and frame. Just like the 224 just looks and felt weird to me . More pics tomorrow.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    y
    Fix the rail and go to a 3.75 or 4" barrel and I'm in. Another 50 fps and slightly longer sight radius would be cool.

Respectfully, they have that, it is called a 320 sub campact railed version

I like the rail on the 365, and think that is a great feature the way Sig did it. Probably 80% to 90% of the micro single stack market it is competing in doesn't have a rail. I believe it is proprietary or third party aftermarket non standard for the huge competitors like shield, g43, lc9.

This is more elegant solution. no added bulk and weight to front of frame. it much less potential for snag going in or out of holster compared to picatinny or weaver "standards." Think about it, spending all that engineering on smoothing and dehorning the surfaces and controls and then sticking a bunch of metal -- perpendicular to the holstering ad re-holstering movement?

The ancient rail systems are crazy on on a very small holsters gun. they potentially harm the vast majority of users who never use them on that size handgun with added weight, bulk and snag potential.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    y

Respectfully, they have that, it is called a 320 sub campact railed version

I like the rail on the 365, and think that is a great feature the way Sig did it. Probably 80% to 90% of the micro single stack market it is competing in doesn't have a rail. I believe it is proprietary or third party aftermarket non standard for the huge competitors like shield, g43, lc9.

This is more elegant solution. no added bulk and weight to front of frame. it much less potential for snag going in or out of holster compared to picatinny or weaver "standards." Think about it, spending all that engineering on smoothing and dehorning the surfaces and controls and then sticking a bunch of metal -- perpendicular to the holstering ad re-holstering movement?

The ancient rail systems are crazy on on a very small holsters gun. they potentially harm the vast majority of users who never use them on that size handgun with added weight, bulk and snag potential.

This selling points of the 365 are largely its width and bore axis. The 320 sc you mentioned is 1.3" wide with a much higher bore axis. It's also a 3.5" barrel, which I'd still accept, but just prefer something in the 3.75 or 4" range. For the rail, We're now in a time where lights are getting both brighter and smaller. The olight mini, streamlight tlr3, and surefire xc1 are all evidence of this. Opening up the rail to the industry standard gives the user more flexibility in choosing a light, while not really giving anything up. a polymer rail isn't that big of a snagging or scratching deal.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This selling points of the 365 are largely its width and bore axis. The 320 sc you mentioned is 1.3" wide with a much higher bore axis. It's also a 3.5" barrel, which I'd still accept, but just prefer something in the 3.75 or 4" range. For the rail, We're now in a time where lights are getting both brighter and smaller. The olight mini, streamlight tlr3, and surefire xc1 are all evidence of this. Opening up the rail to the industry standard gives the user more flexibility in choosing a light, while not really giving anything up. a polymer rail isn't that big of a snagging or scratching deal.

In the major brands you have to go up to 1.2 to 1.3 width to get a rail anyway. so you are comparing 1.3 guns with rails to S365? why?

We are now in a time when lights/lasers for micros are specialized and custom for the gun

none of the lights you mention fit on any 'standard" rail for the micro guns that constitute 90% of the market: Shield, LC9, G43.

The "standard" on micros is no rail.

And putting a standard rail on has a serious downside, it is a major snagging risk. Picatinny and Weaver are sharp cuts perpendicular to the gun.

As far as "bore axis" please it isn't a factor for the vast majority of gun buyers, it is just something glock says when they can't say anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom