• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    86,000 rifles x $500= $43 Million. Whether all the rifles are in this condition, CMP will need to clean them up. Some may be surface rust, others may be deep, but CMP has likely seen a larger portion of the rifles and feel that they can make a go of it.

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Spending five million dollars to bring back 86,000 rifles doesn't seem like good business sense.

Probably more than 6 million including shipment across the US.

That works oh to a tad under $70 a rifle. Doesn’t seem like bad business sense to me. The worst that’ll happen is CMP ups their price a few bucks per rifle.

I just got a wonderful condition SG Turk return with new wood from CMP all of a week and a half ago and I already want to put in an order for an FG Garand to have a second.

I need help with my addiction.

Just please, don’t find a cache of M1 carbines. My wallet can’t take it.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Probably more than 6 million including shipment across the US.

That works oh to a tad under $70 a rifle. Doesn’t seem like bad business sense to me. The worst that’ll happen is CMP ups their price a few bucks per rifle.

I just got a wonderful condition SG Turk return with new wood from CMP all of a week and a half ago and I already want to put in an order for an FG Garand to have a second.

I need help with my addiction.

Just please, don’t find a cache of M1 carbines. My wallet can’t take it.

Keep scanning, you'll see that the gun show prices are ludicrous compared to the condition and cost through CMP. It will be interesting to see the prices on the PI models.

Laz, you have to fight the sickness, lol :lol2:

Q

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    One of these days, I'll check off that open 'Garand' spot on the list.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm going crazy wanting to get a Garand. But financially I can't do it.
    Although I will try to get one this year.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Keep scanning, you'll see that the gun show prices are ludicrous compared to the condition and cost through CMP. It will be interesting to see the prices on the PI models.

Laz, you have to fight the sickness, lol :lol2:

Q

But what are the steps? I need a sponsor.

No matter what I am a year away from having the funds to buy another one. Even a field grade this time. I’ve just spent too much on stuff and have too much not gun stuff I have to spend money on. Maybe next year, I am certainly going to try to swing one before my 3 years is up and I have to go through the whole annoying process again on the notary and what not. I can at least hope they’ll still have some left by then. I’d like to think between the Turk and PI Garands that is enough to last 2-3 years before running dry even if they don’t find any others for repatriation.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I think it's time for me to go for a C&R and grab a CMP. I've only ever had one Garand and loved it. Traded it for a PSL (with other stuff) that I loved more, but still pine for one.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    But what are the steps? I need a sponsor.

No matter what I am a year away from having the funds to buy another one. Even a field grade this time. I’ve just spent too much on stuff and have too much not gun stuff I have to spend money on. Maybe next year, I am certainly going to try to swing one before my 3 years is up and I have to go through the whole annoying process again on the notary and what not. I can at least hope they’ll still have some left by then. I’d like to think between the Turk and PI Garands that is enough to last 2-3 years before running dry even if they don’t find any others for repatriation.

The guns always require mailed in paperwork and a notary but if you are in the system you don't need to mail copies of your proofs (membership, age, etc.) again.

Get a second job so you can buy more guns.:D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The guns always require mailed in paperwork and a notary but if you are in the system you don't need to mail copies of your proofs (membership, age, etc.) again.

Get a second job so you can buy more guns.:D

I thought you didn’t need the notary if you were within the 3 years? Bah, whatever. It’s worth it.

I just need to try to make sure I have enough money before they all run dry to buy another.

I mightnot be remembering, but I feel like even before the Turk and PI Garands came home CMP did still have some FG and SG Garands remaining. Or am I misremembering?

I am just wondering how long their supply will last. Not that I am sure anyone except maybe CMP might know.

I think with the Korean Garands it was that SK wanted to bring a bunch back to dump on the civilian market directly for importers, not that they were government returns/CMP. They were official SK gov’t property for those and not loans.

Or I could be completely mistaken. Whether imports or returns I’d love to see them make it back here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom