• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It's the same old anti-gun "common sense", drivel after drivel. That's 2 minutes of my life that I should have used better.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    When can we start locking up these domestic enemies of the constitution? Millions of Americans including basically all military and police have sworn an oath to support and defend our constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic, so if that oath means anything at all, when are we going to start enforcing it?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yup. According to the CDC, 33,171 people in the US died in 2015 in alcohol-induced deaths excluding "unintentional injuries, homicides, and other causes indirectly related to alcohol use, as well as deaths due to
    fetal alcohol syndrome." Add those in and the number would be far higher.

The same year, 36,161 people died in motor vehicle traffic incidents.

Again, the same year, 36,252 people died in ALL firearms-related incidents. Note that this includes suicides. Remove suicides and the number drops substantially: 17,793 homicides using firearms.

So if you combine all alcohol-related deaths, MORE people are killed by alcohol every year than firearms. Nearly the same number are killed by motor vehicles. Yet the only one politicians and un-educated sheeple are trying to ban or heavily restrict is firearms. You can't reason with people like this, because they don't care about the facts, even though it's all publicly available data. I looked this stuff up in about two minutes using Google.

And of course the type of firearm they're most going after is modern sporting rifles, despite the fact that rifles of ALL kinds are used in a tiny fraction of firearm-related homicides. You'd think where one's constitutional freedoms are involved, these people might want to look at the actual facts.

Sources referenced above:
    Even more striking, consider the number that are killed annually by the "assault weapons" that he wants to ban and confiscate. It's probably under 500 and definitely under 1000. Most firearm homicides involve handguns. Similarly, year in, year out, the caliber associated with the greatest number of firearm deaths in the US is the lowly 22LR.

Separately, as Jim12 has been pointing out, this guy is House Democratic leadership. Author bio from the OpEd linked in the original post ...

Rep. Eric Swalwell, a Democrat from California’s San Francisco Bay area, is co-chair of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, and serves on the House Judiciary Committee*and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Will Mr. Swalwell (the author and CA congressman) be the one knocking on doors to collect our firearms?

Tucker suggested that last night. Swalwelk occasionally appears on his show to peddle the "Trump/RUSSIA!" myth.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I wonder if the author of this wonder piece of excrement understands what he is asking for when he advocates "arrest the resisters". What form do you think that resistance would take? I doubt it will just be folks burying their guns... it will be people DIGGING UP their guns.

It will happen one isolated incident at a time, a companion or neighbor will turn in the resister and swat will raid the house and take that person dead or alive. They won't come for them all at once, too dangerous for the government thugs to even contemplate that. They have time on their side, and they will take us one at a time (if it ever comes to that).

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    "Buy them back"?

So, they once belonged to the government, the government sold them, and the government has a "right" to "buy them back"?

I have a bridge I'd like the government to "buy back."

It's a softer term than "forced sale." Or "eminent domain," which would be more fitting. Only in "eminent domain" proceedings, the forced seller can challenge the offer price and litigate it. What's the fair market value of an AR-15 that would be forcibly sold and can't be replaced? Priceless. What's the price of freedom? Priceless. The government couldn't EVER afford it.

Eric Swalwell, a CA Congressman, once lived in MD and went to the University of MD Law School, iirc.
    He's also Adam Schiff's "Mini-me" on the House Intel Committee's Dem. RUSSIA! witch hunt.

The word is confiscate, but they can't use that word because it will be an admission that the government doesn't own guns.

Their view of the world is that the government owns everything including money and especially guns.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    comeandtakeitstickermockup_1024x1024.jpg

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I think the first amendment should be removed from the Constitution when its used wrong.

Might as well. The 4th went bye-bye with civil seizures, and had extra dirt piled on with HB1302 and similar laws. The 5th now has many asterisks on it, and the 14th isn't looking so healthy, either. Just about the only amendment not being assaulted daily is the 3rd. But let's not give MGA any ideas.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Even more striking, consider the number that are killed annually by the "assault weapons" that he wants to ban and confiscate. It's probably under 500 and definitely under 1000. Most firearm homicides involve handguns. Similarly, year in, year out, the caliber associated with the greatest number of firearm deaths in the US is the lowly 22LR.

According to Feinstein, the number is about 35...

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Every time I see an idiotic sentence followed by “D-CA” I immediately wonder when is the “Big One” coming to break that state off to drift in the Pacific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    pretty much all above. why don't we try putting and keeping actual violent criminals in friggin' jail instead of banning tools that the vast majority of folks use in a completely law-abiding manner. where's the ban on alcohol, heck where is the limit on buying alcohol at the ABC store to one beer per hour. there is none of that. anyone of age can buy as much booze as they want and we just trust that they won't drive drunk or kill their family in a drunken rage. why is this same trust and freedom not extended to firearms?

That won't work because it directly counters one of the core beliefs of liberals, that criminals aren't bad people, they are made to commit crimes by society. It's not the criminal's fault, never is. This ideology goes back to the Great Society liberalism in the 1960's and it has thoroughly infested the Democrat party. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    pretty much all above. why don't we try putting and keeping actual violent criminals in friggin' jail instead of banning tools that the vast majority of folks use in a completely law-abiding manner. where's the ban on alcohol , heck where is the limit on buying alcohol at the ABC store to one beer per hour. there is none of that. anyone of age can buy as much booze as they want and we just trust that they won't drive drunk or kill their family in a drunken rage. why is this same trust and freedom not extended to firearms?

We tried that once. Didn't work out so well. Created a bunch of organized crime, disregard for the law by the citizens, and corrupt politicians. We've seen the same thing from the war on drugs.

What I don't get is why the gun grabbers think that a ban on guns will have a different result when prohibition and the war on drugs were such failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom