ClassicFirearms.com - Positive Experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Despite the poor reviews, I decided to place an order with ClassicFirearms.com

I ordered a Yugoslavian M57 (pictures below)
    and to my pleasant surprise, it arrived quickly, in good shape and with no issues whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and friendly to me. I emailed them to give a gentle reminder that my card had been charged the day before and ask about when it would be shipped. I probably didn't need to do that but I was a little concerned given the glut of poor reviews online.

I was just wondering, is mine an isolated incident or have others had good experiences with ClassicFirearms?

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've ordered plenty of guns from Classic. Never had a problem but I always opt for the hand-picked options. You have to take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Who's mostly likely to post a review? People who want to bitch. Some people will bitch no matter how nice the gun they receive is (for the price). Some people will bitch if the gun isn't at their door almost instantly. I've seen people bitch over petty issues with guns from Classic that I would be thrilled to own.

wdc5008

Nov 7, 2015
    Frederick County
    I ordered an 1889 Schmidt Rubin from them a while back. It arrived about two weeks after ordering, packaging was good and rifle was in good shape (for being almost 130 years old) and as described on their site. I was worried about the packaging because my fiancé's father had ordered a few k31s a while back and they were beat to hell during the shipping and weren't packaged very well. But my one experience with them was positive.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Bought a police trade in Gen 3 Glock 22 with night sights for $299. It was in great condition. Have also purchased numerous used Glock factory magazines from them at great prices. Never a problem.

jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    I've bought 4 or 5 guns from them, and I've always been happy with their products/service. I, too, typically choose the hand pick option, but even on occasions when I didn't, I was pleased.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Maybe they are on an upswing in service again, but the last couple of times that I bought with the "handpick" option, what I got was substantially worse than others who didn't choose that option. We're talking about things like non-matching, battered, corroded, etc., from a batch of guns that had really nice examples being sold. It seemed clear to me that the "handpick" was a sucker option, and it meant that I got the next one that someone's hand picked up out of a pile. There was no way that any time had been spent looking over the guns that were sold to me.

Your choice. You may have excellent luck with them. I just don't go back to a vendor that has crapped on me twice in a row.

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    Despite the poor reviews, I decided to place an order with ClassicFirearms.com

I ordered a Yugoslavian M57 (pictures below)
    and to my pleasant surprise, it arrived quickly, in good shape and with no issues whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and friendly to me. I emailed them to give a gentle reminder that my card had been charged the day before and ask about when it would be shipped. I probably didn't need to do that but I was a little concerned given the glut of poor reviews online.

I was just wondering, is mine an isolated incident or have others had good experiences with ClassicFirearms?

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Still had to go through FFL right? C&R handguns not recognizes in MD correct?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Still had to go through FFL right? C&R handguns not recognizes in MD correct?

WIth a C&R license, you can buy handguns from out of state and have them sent to you in Maryland. Buying a handgun from within Maryland requires you to go through MSP. If that sounds totally stupid, you understand it perfectly.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Classic is good to go in my experience. I'd kill a man for some more of those $89 Mosins they were blowing out on Black Friday a few years back!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    My hangup with Classic has never been service (thought I've always felt that the $10 extra for the "hand pick" option is a crap-shoot at best), it's always been their rather unscrupulous advertising and sales tactics that have kept me from being a regular customer. Those who have been C&R long enough with them know that they used to put up good stuff at good prices similar to AIM and J&G, but somewhere in the past two years, they started all this "this is the last lot EVAR!!!!1!!!!1!!!!" crap with things like Mosins and Persian Mausers. Add in their love of sending you video links instead of just straight-up flyers for e-mail offers and it makes you want to buy from them even less. My two transactions with them have been fine for the most part, no better nor worse than AIM or J&G overall. I just can't stand the hyping and gouging they tend to do. I prefer SOG's so-so customer service but reasonable prices and lack of hard-sell tactics any day of the week.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I think that this is what it comes down to with Classic -- just my opinion, of course:

• If they've got a bunch of guns that are all in good condition, and the price is right, you'll do fine ordering from them.
    • If they've got a bunch of guns that are in mixed condition, and they offer handselect for extra $$, it's a crap-shoot whether or not someone will actually spend much time picking out one that's better than any of the others.
    • If they've got a bunch of guns that are all in poor quality, it appears like they market them as if they're the last that will ever be available in the U.S. (just observation), and they charge as much for them as good examples were bringing.
    • They often have "bulletin board" import marks on their stuff, but that may have changed recently. I've quit watching their ads.
    • The quality of their business seems to cycle up and down every 2-3 years. They had a horrible reputation a few years back, then they seemed to push to have quality service and were great for a couple of years, then they seemed to go back into the mode of "we have plenty of customers, so we can crap on some of them". Maybe now they are on the upswing again. I hope so.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I only have one experience with them and it was not good. Paying extra for handpick is just a joke in my opinion. My gun looked nothing like all of the ones in their reviews. It was not horrible and I would have been happier if not for all of the reviews showing near brand new condition rifles. The real problem is that they don't publish any of the less than 5 star reviews on their website.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Prompt and easy customer service. They seem to grade a little high, not that the P64s I got from them were in bad shape but they weren't like new like advertised at the time of purchase. Light holster and slide wear, no biggie at the pricepoint.

Now their gouging of limited availability stuff like Mausers etc is insane but they seem to get the dollars (sometimes double gunshow prices).

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Last purchase was over a year ago. Was great up until then.
    I have not bought into the hype cool aid they have been selling with all the jacked up stuff they have been doing videos.
    Toks should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom