• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Anyone else hitting the NARHAMS launch tomorrow? Weather looks pretty warm, but otherwise nice!

Wow, this brings back memories. I was a member many many years ago probably around '73 or so.... Great times, good people

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Wow, this brings back memories. I was a member many many years ago probably around '73 or so.... Great times, good people

Ole' Ed is still an integral member of the group! He and Alan were running the Goddard launch when I started with them as a kid in the early 80's.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Anyplace in western md to launch these? I enjoyed building these as a kid and would like to build them with my son.

I actually have a few in the garage from years ago

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Anyplace in western md to launch these? I enjoyed building these as a kid and would like to build them with my son.

MDRA launches on the eastern shore, (ingleside md)

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville

The Mt. Airy launches wouldn't be too bad of a drive. I think there is a high power club that launches in WV, not quite sure where off the top of my head.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Next April, MDRA host LDRS, (large and dangerous rocket ships) (think discovery channel) if you wanna see big and cool stuff, THIS would be the launch to attend

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Next April, MDRA host LDRS, (large and dangerous rocket ships) (think discovery channel) if you wanna see big and cool stuff, THIS would be the launch to attend

Dang, I really wanted to go to that one but probably won't be available that weekend. I went to my first mdra launch a couple of months ago and joined up. I'll probably do my level 1 at some point there.

On another note, the September NARHAMS launch is our annual night launch. It's usually a lot of fun, all of the rockets are required to have active lighting on them.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    A little over a week away from NARHAMS annual night launch! I've got a ~5ft model that I'm decking out with EL wire. It's got swappable motor mounts, but I'll likely fly it on either 2 D12's, or 4 C6's for the night launch. I'll probably give both a test run during the day and pick the better one for the night launch.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Here it is all decked out with EL wire. Still have to finish the lit 'chute, but everything else in in place and working.

Attachments

• bignight.jpg
      bignight.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 304

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Black Rock desert

That's on my rocketry "bucket list". My son and I went to LDRS a few years ago up in Potter, NY. We both had a great time launching our own high-power rockets and seeing some other much larger projects. But going out west to a place like Black Rock would be a whole different scale.

JoeR

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    That's on my rocketry "bucket list". My son and I went to LDRS a few years ago up in Potter, NY. We both had a great time launching our own high-power rockets and seeing some other much larger projects. But going out west to a place like Black Rock would be a whole different scale.

JoeR

LDRS is in Ingleside Md in April

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Going to be a rocket filled weekend...Going to the NARHAMS Mt. Airy launch Sat, then the wife and I are going to MDRA launch for awhile on sunday, then down to the Antares afterward.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Going to be a rocket filled weekend...Going to the NARHAMS Mt. Airy launch Sat, then the wife and I are going to MDRA launch for awhile on sunday, then down to the Antares afterward.

How was MDRA? I was ill, wanted to go badly, but no way that weekend.
    Great weather..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom