• ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you for keeping us posted.

You bet.

The costs to street party organizers for City services has been pegged at $32,000.

The Mayor is desperate to see the charges waived (PARTY!!!!), but there is resistance.

Attachments

• C4BB0150-B0CA-491A-9BF3-07DD2A47BF73.jpg
      C4BB0150-B0CA-491A-9BF3-07DD2A47BF73.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 218
    • 3CA1C24A-7CE9-40A6-95A1-C950EDB284C6.jpg
      3CA1C24A-7CE9-40A6-95A1-C950EDB284C6.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 219

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    "It will have speakers from the New York Times, the Washington Post, from the Daily Show ..."

Say what? The Daily Show? Did they replace Joy Behar with Trevor Noah?

No, it is a reference to the lame snark comedian and gun-hating Daily Show contributor Jordan Klepper, who is still confirmed as a speaker.

Attachments

• 673C0676-322C-4C49-95D1-6549C4D1A1BC.jpg
      673C0676-322C-4C49-95D1-6549C4D1A1BC.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 198

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    With thanks to DC-W, here is the news from the FOX45 interview pics I posted earlier:

Attachments

• AC761CB4-999E-499D-BDFE-B3592D3C23F0.jpg
      AC761CB4-999E-499D-BDFE-B3592D3C23F0.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 197

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Buckley phony fundraiser political rally is now up for discussion.

There is resistance because of resentments created by Buckley’s requests to suspend regular order and public comment.

Alderman Paone just MENTIONED BLISTERING EMAILS DEMANDING TO KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON! (Thank you email warriors!)

Paone: “what’s the rush?”

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderman Paone raising points from emails about “PARTISAN” political presentations!

Boom!

Mayor Buckley announces his Freedom of the Press political rally will go on as scheduled even if the City will not waive (donate) costs of cops, firefighters, EMS.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderwoman Eleanor Tierney citing “derisive” emails (oh my) criticizing the process for City of Annapolis participation as a co-sponsor without being advised of obligations by the Mayor.

Boom!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderwoman Sheneka Henson asking about City liabilities for being a co-sponsor. City staff struggling to explain how liabilities for injury claims, so shifting to how great a music event will be.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderman Robert Savidge, who earlier complained about Buckley asking for suspension of the rules too frequently (bypassing public input and comment), continuing questions about waiving collection of $32,000 in costs.

It appears that about 3,000 ticket could be sold netting $75,000 but failure to waive costs would appear to cut proceeds down dramatically—in half.

Five Families splitting less than $40K because the Mayor is rushing a fundraiser. (Who is going to contribute to a second fundraiser to do better?)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderwoman Sheila Finlayson saying “I’m sure you are all getting the emails I’m getting (boom) asking at what point we will do our due diligence”.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Alderwoman Rhonda Pindell-Charles saying “nothing prevents us from doing something even a a year from now...but everyone is doing this with good intentions.”

She read aloud her email back to me suggesting that the Mayor is doing what he told supporters he would do if elected...(suggesting shaking up traditions)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The vote to suspend rules to waive city costs (donate city services FAILS in major slapdown to mayor who appeared to try to hogtie the City Council by announcing his political rally FIRST, and then dare the Council to not help with costs.

The resolution to waive costs remains alive for possible consideration in September or October, though but this arrogant Mayor Buckley has been cut down to size.

By failing to secure a city donation now, the risk is that an embarrassing political shit-show “festival” now jeopardizes funding to deserving grieving families that could come later.

Total cluster!

The email blizzard today was mentioned several times while noting specific criticisms and language from talking points I posted earlier. It is clear they were talking about specific MDS emails.

Thanks to all who participated!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom