• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Veering off-topic ...

Paisley played for Obama's inauguration i remember at the time a lot of people we "upset" he did that. I thought he also flew with him and hung out a little with him as well.

By 'the dark side' I meant gun-control. I haven't found anything that indicates otherwise. He was a 'big Obama supporter' for the same reason Obama got elected in the first place. I say 'was' because like many who have scraped off their Hope'n'Change bumper stickers, he's probably seen what liberal blinders can result in.

His song, “Welcome to the Future” about racial progress, was inspired by Obama’s election in 2008. And the first time he played it live was in front of the president at a Fourth of July celebration at the White House.

You are correct that people were upset about that concert, but 'others' who were upset about his song “I’m Still a Guy” that received a lot of criticism from the gay community for being insensitive.

http://hollowverse.com/brad-paisley/

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And the lyrics said "I've got a gun in my truck"

the Hypocrisy knows no bounds. He'll write about it to sell records though.

i like hillbillies, but not hypocritical ones.

Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    McGraw publicly endorsed Obama and has recently come out endorsing Hilary Clinton. I'm not surprised by any of this.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    if he's for Obongo, he definitely does not own a pair.

I think McGraw has proven that Faith Hill owns his pair.

Probably keeps them in a gilded box right next to the Grammys.

Apparently in addition to the booze and drugs, Tim has been abusive and unfaithful to Faith.

That's sounds about right for theses liberal, tough guy types.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    He's ben like this for years, got whipped by Faith into turning. That's why they go out to Hollywood and do movies because they feel like they are with kindred spirits out there compared to Nashville. It's not like
    Tim and Faith are best friends with Trace Adkins or Ted Nugent.

I stopped listening to their junk years ago.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    A more fundamental question: why do the antis even need to hold a fundraiser? They already have truly infinite money in the form of Bloomturd's $35 billion. He's got it and he's perfectly willing to spend it, he bought Johns Hopkins' good name to try to lend some legitimacy to his propaganda center for $1 billion, only a drop in the bucket for him.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Currington Pulls Out ...

In a case of controllus-interuptus ...

Billy Currington Pulls Out Of Tim McGraw’s Gun Control Concert Amid Fan Outrage

Country fans were outraged and on April 16, Currington announced he was pulling out of the concert.

Currington announced his decision to pull out via Facebook:

I’ve never been one to take on controversial issues – I’m a singer. I do feel strongly about honoring and supporting the Sandy Hook community and will be making a donation to a local organization. I appreciate people’s freedom and passion for whatever cause they want to support, however, I am choosing to step aside from this fundraiser and will focus instead on the rest of the tour dates as I look forward to being on the road with Tim and Chase and having a blast with all of the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom