Dec 20, 2013
    MKE/HK Frankenstein

Attachments

• IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      43.3 KB · Views: 308

Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    Sorry if this is a bad place to ask, but where could I get a cetme rifle? I live in the southern end of MD near waldorf.

Feb 28, 2013
    Sorry if this is a bad place to ask, but where could I get a cetme rifle? I live in the southern end of MD near waldorf.

The Century C308's were your best chance, until some ******* submitted to the MSP for review and got it put on the banned list.:mad54:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The Century C308's were your best chance, until some ******* submitted to the MSP for review and got it put on the banned list.:mad54:

It is not banned.

It is not on the enumerated ban list and it is not a copy of one.

It does not meet the requirements to be a "copycat"

Being on that list does not make a firearm banned

Download the document that Nate posted here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=183835

Page 3 has the info needed.

Feb 28, 2013
    It is not banned.

It is not on the enumerated ban list and it is not a copy of one.

It does not meet the requirements to be a "copycat"

Being on that list does not make a firearm banned.

:wtf:

Are you insultin' my intelligence now???

What the hell does this look like to you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 238

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    :wtf:

Are you insultin' my intelligence now???

What the hell does this look like to you?

I believe dontpanic is referring to a recent MSP bulletin that states the list you referenced is non binding. I'll have to dig it up, but I think it came from Engage and their recent legal actions.

IE since the list is non-binding, and the CETME C does not share 100% interchangeable parts with the HK91 and other listed HK variants, the CEMTME C is not banned by name, copycat, or copy per the law.

ETA, dontpanic even referenced the thread where Nate shared the bulletin

Feb 28, 2013
    The C308 doesn't have interchangeable parts with the HK91 either. Duffy's tried that before I walked out of the store with mine. The bolts wouldn't swap.

The whole thing is a moot point anyhow. Even if the "banned" list is really the "doesn't matter" list as that thread would lead some folks to think, what difference does it make if nobody will sell the firearms in question?

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    The whole thing is a moot point. Even if the "banned" list is really the "doesn't matter" list as that thread would lead some folks to think, what difference does it make if nobody will sell the firearms in question?

I believe there are IP's here who still will and do.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I am not insulting your intellegence, I believe the MSP is.

I think the Maryland legislature's the culprit. It's difficult (at best) for an attorney to decipher the rat's nest of gun laws they've crafted, let alone mere mortals like us. I've had this very conversation with the Asst. State Attorney General.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Honestly, dontpanic...you make a statement even though its in Black and White and it states BANNED on a Public Listing for the Average enthusiast to reference to make sure they're within the Law...then you seem to deliberately invoke an argument of opposition to a Fact "that it is Banned" and most IPs will not transfer or handle the SALE of the Rifle...Regardless that we who do know that the parts are not interchangeable...granted there might be those who will deal with the sale of the item by self imposing righteousness to being a expert...though I don't know that so I check as most do...

So until a Document that is posted "Officially" there are those who won't chance a purchase...or transfer...

This goes for the same with the Barrel issue and Muzzle Device Issue etc...

We all tend to attempt to skirt the Law as best we can due to the unfortunate outcome we endure as MD Residents...

But sometime you can bring a Dead Horse back to life when all you have is bones...but sometimes I think some think they can "in their own minds"...

So as I see it IMHO it is Banned until otherwise noted by the powers to be...

Did some checking with some IPs and "ITS BANNED" so whatever document you referenced I believe its a fraud...

I STAND CORRECTED... MY APOLOGY....thought the next thing is to convince the IPs, because I went to Atlantic and they are still noting it Banned and won't sell it in MD??

Maybe a Source Document Thread would be a good Idea...

Last edited:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Okay Update: Received my Rifle and picked it up while on Vacay...I inspected it and found a few issues. like buttstock wasn't fully seated, fixed that, Buffer assembly was ruff to say the least and will be replaced.

Sorry no pics until next leave. Reason will be performing some upgrade/changes...

Fired about 100 rounds with some issues. Steel: Don't use a Brass Catcher with steel, at least not with the rifle I had...the rounds ejected so furiously that they would jam back into the ejection port. Brass Catcher NO ISSUES?

Fires Brass with and with out Catcher, No Issues. 168gn, 147gn, 145gn all good...Outback, Brown Bear, ZQ1...:thumbsup:

Irons sites were pretty well set, just had to adjust front site post elevation. pinging steel at 100yds no sweat...:thumbsup:

Scope to come after Buttstock, handguard, Buffer assembly upgrade/change...going to sniper it up a little... swapping out items from PTR 32 and changing that to be lighter because it is a real straight shooter with the 762x39...PA scope , AR Stock attachment and Aluminum Handguard...on the purchase list.

Next maybe PDW and convert to SBR...:fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom