• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Nicole Hockley who lost her son in the Sandy Hook Tragedy is all about making money off of it while working to disarm law abiding citizens like myself and you! It's disgusting that people like Tim McGraw are supporting organizations like this. She has several organizations that she setup that are clearly profit driven. Do me a favor visit her Ted Talk and give it a thumbs down! :tdown: Please!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSw5Zri_o0

voted dislike
    "comments disabled on this video" gee, I wonder why?

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    At it again. I'm glad I don't buy their songs.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/10/tim-mcgraw-and-faith-hill-call-for-gun-control-following-las-vegas-massacre.html

“Look, I’m a bird hunter — I love to wing-shoot,”
    ElmerFudd.gif

Last edited:

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    I've been blind sided. Not really this mcgraw jacka$$ has had these views for some time.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well, just a tiny note- I watched a clip of Bill Maher spotlighted on some forum, and he claimed Tim McGraw was doing the Sandy Hook Promise because one of his bandmates lost a child at Sandy Hook.

I thought "whoa, did not read that anywhere" and could empathize, again, for the genuine good heart behind the gesture. (And I am giving McGraw the benefit of the doubt as I dont know the man).

But, on closer view- Maher was wrong (why am I not surprised)- it was a friend of a band member.

Not a big deal, heartwise- but reminds me the bigger story is the polarization between left and right over this. You could not believe the sniffs of outrage and desperate interruptions by the mostly leftist panel to applaud Maher's nasty insinuations about gun nuts. And some of the comments I wont repeat, about suppressing the dissent by gun rights folk.

And the studio audiences applause (assuming thats not just a canned sound track- no idea, never been to Hollyweird tv show, and not gonna, either).

The point being, while the right was aghast at McGraws stance on freedom to defend oneself, the left was all in for taking away freedom of speech, for those who dared object.

It is much more likely you have had a your own or coworker's extended family member killed or victimized in criminal violence because of the fourth or fifth amendment. You just would be less likely to know it.

We had a neighbor viciously assaulted about five years ago. They perpetrator had eight arrests, seven for weapons or violent crimes -- and not one single conviction. At least three of the cases were tossed out on technicalities (warrant/search evidence exclusion).

I am just so sick and tired of idiots like McGraw babbling on about the United States vs other coutnies on the Second Amendment without notiing that other countries have lower crime in good part because of higher certainty of conviction due to lack of strong Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights.

For example:"Ausltralia ... blah blah blah...."

WTF. Ability to get warrants is lower in Australia. In fact a police sergeant can issue one in many cases. What can be introduced in court from a search is much broader in Australia. Burdens on prosecution are lower in Australia. Thresholds of what constitutes reasonable suspicion or probable cause are lower. They even allow double jeopardy in many cases.

The same is the case in all of the developed democracies. NO country has near the amount of defendants' rights we have.

In the US new technology on old DNA evidence is being used to exonerate people convicted (good) but in lots of countries it is also being used to retry and convict persons found innocent (can't be done in the US due to double jeopardy)

In the US, for good or bad, thanks to the ACLU and interpretations of the Bill of Rights, we have among the lowest level of persons who have not committed a crime but held for mandatory treatment for mental illness in the developed world. Legal barriers to take someone in on suspicion of existence of dangerous mental illness are higher in the US. Thresholds for actually adjudicating someone mentally ill are the highest.

The fact is McGraw's logic could be used to shred the entire Bill of Rights.

Want to know in part why DC officials wanted a handgun ban, fought Heller tooth and nail and on wrenn and Grace wanted "may issue" on carry? Because they KNOW there are tens of thousands of people walking around in DC who have a dozen arrests and no convictions -- whom they have to allow to own guns despite long criminal arrest histories.

Look at this gem: (google "Case No.: PD-G-09-800002")
    Now I don't know any of the details of the above case in terms of his arrests. The guy maybe as innocent as the driven snow. Perhaps the arrests for 18 crimes, ten of which involved use of a firearm were all the result of an innocent man being unlucky. Whether or not in a different country, without our Bill of Rights, this person would have gotten at least one conviction is another question.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    What Are ‘Common Sense Gun Laws’ And Would They Pass 2A Muster?
    Country music couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are, no pun intended, under fire on social media for remarks that have appeared in several publications, including Rolling Stone, in which McGraw reportedly stated “there is some common sense that’s necessary when it comes to gun control.”

Still, the question remains for any advocates of “common sense gun laws.” What are they talking about? What’s on the list? Does the agenda include:

• Ban semi-auto modern sporting rifles?
    • Ban cartridge magazines that hold more than 10 rounds?
    • Prohibit concealed carry?
    • Prohibit open carry?
    • Limit the number of firearms someone can own?
    • Extreme vetting of potential gun buyers?
    • License all gun owners?
    • Register all firearms?
    What other individual right protected by the Constitution is subject to this kind of scrutiny?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I wish "THEY" would just play music , play sports , make movies and shut the "F" up about anything else . Now I know I used to like Tim McGraw and hot wife but now I guess I got to give up the fantasy Faith will leave that lame ass for this lame ass .

I day closer to being a Hermit ..............................................

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Saw an article this morning. He supports the second amendment because he likes to bird hunt.:sad20: and whatever emoji denotes cluelessness...

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Tim McGraw

“Look, I’m a bird hunter — I love to wing-shoot,” he said. "However, there is some common sense that’s necessary when it comes to gun control. They want to make it about the Second Amendment every time it’s brought up. It’s not about the Second Amendment.”

He added that military-style assault weapons should not be available to civilians, and called on the National Rifle Association to acknowledge the danger of civilians having such weapons.

“Military weapons should not be in the hands of civilians,” he said. “It’s everyone’s responsibility, including the government and the National Rifle Association, to tell the truth. We all want a safe country.”

I don't think the "libtard cowboy" missed any of his paid talking points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom