• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    when will the final vote on this be?

We are trying to confirm that the RED FLAG bill will be taken up on the House floor this afternoon.

They can do this because they have banked a few “legislative days” and can call a “new legislative day” later today. It is not unheard of for them to cram 3 “legislative days” into one long day.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    How does someone pose an immediate and present danger by merely possessing a firearm? Maybe because since I bought a blinged-out rifle I can't afford food for my family this week?

The only time I have been injured by any of my guns was when I pinched the skin on the side of my hand in the slide. And that took more than just possessing it. It took my lack of manual dexterity. ;)

Must be the whole "I am scared of someone having guns" type of injury.

Bingo. Petitioner says she is scared of X because of A or B or C. X possesses firearms. Court, sitting ex parte, issues an order that seizes X's firearms if there are "reasonable grounds to believe" that X is a danger and that he/she has firearms. That's all that is required. Petitioner gets full civil and criminal immunity for filing the petition. X gets screwed and must lawyer up.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    So the real "message" I'm hearing from the MGA is they do not want gun owners in Maryland. Or at the minimum only ones that don't exercise their First Amendment rights. Because if we do vocalize objections we risk getting a "complimentary" red flag...

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    We are trying to confirm that the RED FLAG bill will be taken up on the House floor this afternoon.

They can do this because they have banked a few “legislative days” and can call a “new legislative day” later today. It is not unheard of for them to cram 3 “legislative days” into one long day.

I just dropped an email breakdown with talking points and a text message to my Rep.

Let us know if it's going to the House floor if you hear.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Personally I'm terrified by the words and actions of Mike Miller. I know he has lots of guns, and a megalomaniacal personality. He's a danger to me and many of my associates.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He erroneously believes the RED FLAG bill was “fixed” in Senate Judicial Proceedings.

We understand the political pressure because in chats with almost every Senator and Delegate on the Bricks they raised the issue of how well the RED FLAG bill “concept” polls in so many zip codes.

The DemocRats count on the voters not paying attention.

The Democrats didn't let a crisis go to waste.

Part of the reason people aren't paying attention is also that the devil is in the details. And they soft-peddled their marketing, in terms of helping people get the "help" they need before they hurt themselves or others.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." -- Dangerous words.

They're demonizing mere ownership of firearms, and then arming those who revile either the 2nd Amendment or any gun owner with a potent weapon to destroy the latter's future.

Our elected representatives ought to be smarter, wiser, and more respectful than that. If they aren't (and it looks as though they aren't), they have no place in positions of public trust or authority.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I just dropped an email breakdown with talking points and a text message to my Rep.

Excellent quick response to compliment what we are doing down here.

We had a sign event in front of both Delegates and Senators this morning.

I can tell you that one Senator changed his vote from YES to NO after I suggested this morning the growing possibility that our combined messaging could give Gov. Hogan talking points for a veto of this unlawful proposal.

As part of preserving our access, I cannot disclose who this Senator is, but we are impressed that this Senator did this.

Let us know if it's going to the House floor if you hear.

You got it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Where it be at now?

View attachment 230209

Who do we contact now? House members? Senate members? Cuzz I'm gettin' a veto twinge.

Contact any and all House Delegates and ask them how they can vote for a law that is itself unlawful!

Use Mark Pennak’s excellent write-up to fashion your own message:

Thanks for the link. The Senate JPR Committee makes it less onerous, but it still makes gun owners a unique class in the law, e.g., a person who can be proceeded against and whose property can be seized simply because of his status as a gun owner.

5–602.
    (A) (1) A PETITION FOR AN EXTREME RISK PROTECTIVE ORDER SHALL:
    (* * *
    (II) INCLUDE ANY INFORMATION KNOWN TO THE PETITIONER THAT THE RESPONDENT POSES AN IMMEDIATE AND PRESENT DANGER OF CAUSING PERSONAL INJURY TO THE RESPONDENT, THE PETITIONER, OR ANOTHER BY POSSESSING A FIREARM;

A person who is dangerous or who "POSES AN IMMEDIATE AND PRESENT DANGER" but who does NOT possess guns is NOT covered by this bill. So gun owners are the new "suspect class" in the law, except that they are a targeted class rather than a class protected under the 14th Amendment. I know of no other circumstance in which the exercise of a constitutional right serves a basis for singling out that class of persons for special, discriminatory treatment under the law. What's next, legislation that provides that a "Scarlet G" shall be branded on the forehead of every gun owner? Let the harassment and debasement begin. Gun owners will now go underground and be silent about possessing firearms for fear of being subjected to this harassment. And I can't blame them. It is just one more step in de-legitimatizing gun ownership. I can't believe that the NRA is OK (neutral) with this concept. I am totally disgusted. And yes, the odds are good that Gov. Hogan will sign this abomination, if it passes the House and the Senate.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My representatives have promised me they would vote no, even Kathy Szeliga. I have this is email format. I was promised. Now lets see how they deliver.

District 7.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Soo... should this woman's guns be taken away?

Given her position, she might some day actually be on an elevator with President Trump, Mike Pence, or Jeff Sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom