• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    His first quote at "common sense "had me....NOT! With his reasoning we would be using pence and pound and shilling for our currency. Wonder if he will ever get his head out of the sand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Every time I go to activate my phone I'm annoyed by the delay, even if it unlocks on the first swipe, which it usually doesn't.

They should make an automobile with Smart Screen technology. To steer right you would tap the steering icon, then swipe to select "steer right" from a menu. Enter "value- 25 degrees" tap to enter, then wait while the computer enters your steering command.

When you want to stop, you would pull down a menu and select the "brake" icon, then wait while it loads. Once "Brakes" have loaded, you would select a value, from " moderate slowdown" to "panic stop." After entering "panic stop" you would wait for the command to execute...

No, automobile controls must react instantly and so must those of a firearm.

Those annoying little half second and two second delays which accompany every command and menu entry on a smart phone should lead anyone to immediately recognize the absurdity of the comparison between phones and guns.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    For all manufacturers and dealers, I want to be clear:

If you make a single "smart gun", I will never buy anything from you again and will encourage anyone I know to do the same.

If you attempt to sell a single "smart gun", I will never buy anything from you again and will encourage anyone I know to do the same.

The risks to our civil rights are just too high.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    How about mandating "smart needles" that only dispense legitimately prescribed medicines, and only to the patients to whom they are prescribed?

That would save many more lives each year than so-called "smart guns," which would actually cost lives.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    “President Obama's obsession with gun control knows no boundaries,” Jennifer Baker, director of the NRA's lobbying arm, said in a statement.

Baker took issue with the Defense Department's involvement in helping test smart gun technology.

“At a time when we are actively fighting terrorists at home and abroad, this administration would rather focus the military's efforts on the president’s gun control agenda," she said.

National security takes a back seat to global warming and smart gun technology. Let's see if the "JV team" shows compassion and respects the strategy.

Feb 28, 2013
    For all manufacturers and dealers, I want to be clear:

If you make a single "smart gun", I will never buy anything from you again and will encourage anyone I know to do the same.

If you attempt to sell a single "smart gun", I will never buy anything from you again and will encourage anyone I know to do the same.

The risks to our civil rights are just too high.

I wouldn't put it past Colt to wanna roll out a piece of shit like this.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I wouldn't put it past Colt to wanna roll out a piece of shit like this.

They already did back in 1996. Backlash caused them to change their minds and abandon it before it got past prototype stage.
    Shortly thereafter they fired their CEO. (Though I'm sure he got a Golden Parachute. :sad20:)

Feb 28, 2013
    Hell, I read somewhere recently that years back the sum'bitches didn't even wanna sell AR-15's to the public.

ELCAM

Dec 17, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Bottom line is this isn't reliable...period....so it can't be trusted for a life and death decisions. I can't image that any police (federal, state, or local) would ever agree therefore I see a very slight chance of this every being mandated or adopted. That fact alone would make a clear win in a legal challenge should it ever become law of the land.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    well we need to ban smart guns.... since they are not in common use by the military or police (which is what the current courts use as an excused to ban arms) we should have no problem making building, owning, transferring or operating a smart gun illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom