• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Bolt not staying back may be an intermittent issue with 1oz loads or light target loads. Just heard there was a similar review on Cableas. Having it super clean before using light loads is probably a good idea.

I cannot even dream of shooting 1 oz. loads out of my SBE. The lightest load it will cycle reliably is 1 1/8 oz at 1200 fps.

Tried using 7/8 oz loads in my 12 gauge 391 and it was a no go. So, then I tried them in my 682 and there wasn't enough recoil to set the second trigger all the time.

I hate recoil. lol

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    That's one of the nice things about a pump, like the Model 37 or 12, they will shoot any load that they are cambered for. With the older ones, you have to stay away from steel shot though.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That's one of the things I was pleasantly surprised by with my Beretta A300. It'll shoot light trap loads and 3"BB's interchangeably and cycles perfectly.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My 391 cycled 1 oz Estate loads with no problems. Now that I think about it, all four recently purchased semi auto shotguns and my FN don't have problems with the Estate shells. It's the crappy Winchester shells that none of my shotguns work with. Including my SxS.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's one of the things I was pleasantly surprised by with my Beretta A300. It'll shoot light trap loads and 3"BB's interchangeably and cycles perfectly.

My 391 shotguns and A400 shot "light" manufacturers loads all day long right out of the box. They still do so. It is when I go to load up ultra light loads that I manufacture, below what manufacturer loads are, that they have some issues. Just trying to get recoil down to nothing for my wife and kids.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I hit an indoor range yesterday and fired off three 3" shells and three 3.5" buckshot shells and all cycled properly. Recoil was nowhere near as bad as shooting the same loads out of the 870 I used to own. Shots were taken at 45', with IM choke. Patterns were well inside a full sized silhouette target. I will not be using this shotgun for HD, but it was interesting to shoot magnum loads out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom