• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    You can look on the pump and read the labeled and see in most states.. A lot of the better grades of High Test don't have ethanol. Check your local Amoco/BP.....Sunoco....station

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Looks like the only ones in St. Mary's are dockside for boats. Am I missing any?

BTW, why are everyone else's gas station prices so low compared to St. Mary's?! A few are under $2. in Charles Co. We are still 10-20 cents higher.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Buzzes marine in Scotland has it I believe. I think drurys marine also has it.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Better mpg and less damage to platic/rubber/neoprene fittings, hoses and other parts. Someone correct or add anything else that is of concern.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    You can fill up at the pump at st.marys airport located just north of Wildwood in California, MD. Dont know the price per gallon but father in law gets fuel from there for all his small engines.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Bob's Sunoco is Ethanol free but cost a few cents more per galleon.

Ah... I'd always noticed that the gas there is a little more expensive but I hadn't noticed why. I guess I'll start filling up there!

Forgive my ignorance but what is the significance or benefit of no ethanol?

Alcohol has less energy-density than gasoline, so your gas-mileage is reduced with ethanol mixed in.

Alcohol burns hotter than gasoline, which is bad for engines that aren't designed for it (basically all gasoline engines other than the ones in FlexFuel vehicles).

Alcohol also isn't good for storing fuel long-term. It causes the gasoline to break down more quickly, even if you add a stabilizer to the fuel.

Last edited:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I own a 2014 Nissan Frotier. Last week when I started it a couple of times, the engine struggled to idle. It has 6K trouble free miles on it. Was this ethanol or gas line freezing? My MPG has dropped from an average of 19 to 15 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom