• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hey folks,

So about a year ago now, I decided to pick up an EAA Windicator since I wanted a K-Frame .357, but didn't want to shell out $500+. I went ahead and snagged the 4" blued model off Sportsman's Guide, and overall, I've been pretty impressed with it; it's well-built, heavy enough to absorb a lot of recoil, and the trigger pull isn't terrible once you're used to it.

Two gripes, though:

First, somebody clearly handled it a bit either at SG, or the FFL (I won't say who, to be nice) because now it's got fingerprint smudges in the finish along the barrel. Thank you, whoever you were. Honestly, though, the finish doesn't seem the best, so I'll be rebluing it myself, I think.

But more to the point: I'm really not a fan of the grips. They're comfortable, sure, but they're just short enough in my hands that I get some rotation when firing since my pinky can't fully fit on them. If they were just like 3/4 of an inch longer, I think it'd be fine, but there's no currently produced aftermarket of any kind, according to EAA. Supposedly Arminius/Titan Tiger grips would work, but most of the ones I've seen still look too short, and I know the Hogue monogrip won't work since it's open-backed.

So, I turn to MD Shooters! Does anyone have one of these, and maybe have a solution? Or do we have anybody that maybe I could commission for some custom grips? I've been considering trying to myself, but I don't really have the right tools for carving or inletting wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom