• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Why are we so convinced we are so much smarter? Are these folks really that dumb (ie, not as smart as you)? Or are there other forces at play? Is being smart the only matter of making a decision?

Years ago I asked then Senator Green why can I carry in Delaware (his home state) and not Maryland. The thrust of my question was, did he consider folks in Delaware to be smarter or safety than Marylanders. He turned red in the face and walked away.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Years ago I asked then Senator Green why can I carry in Delaware (his home state) and not Maryland. The thrust of my question was, did he consider folks in Delaware to be smarter or safety than Marylanders. He turned red in the face and walked away.

Again, I think while opposing views of WHY..... they are not dumb to the idea of safety, comfort afforded or freedom in carrying...

There are many great ideas in the annuals of history that didn't fruit .. delayed or still delayed today.. not they were bad ideas at the time but the idea was contrary to a few in a place to object . And I'm sure there were many bad ideas that were allowed to happen because many people were in a place to enact them.

An idea like prohibition.. was it really a majority of our citizenry that agrees or was it a smarmy group with people in the right places? What percentage actually fought the civil war?

Ever have a great idea go limp and only when the idiot down the hall mentioned it at a meeting was it received so well?

There is a tipping point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom