• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hodgepodge, your letter tone is spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I saw how a number of times the video and sound were not working. Heck, if they can't keep simple things like video working, how are they supposed to monitor long gun sales, who beats whom and where their guns are to confiscate them, etc etc etc?

Oh that would have been a nice cheap shot! Very unprofessional, in contrast to the rest of the pro 2A testimony, but funny.

Yeah, timing is right for having picked up something last Wednesday. Expect I will recover by man up monday though.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    One comment I noticed a few times in argument of shall issue, was an insinuation that it will be forced federally. I have no idea how that argument would sway them to approve shall issue, instead of digging in their heels. Hey, if it is going to be forced as implied my answer would be, OK then why are you wasting my time now and hurry up and wait.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    At a hearing like this, i believe so. But you can prolly check with msi for an answer. You can always stop and visit the legiscritters or their staff in person. If the committee members give u flak about not being from their district, remind do them that their work on the committee is for all marylanders.

^^^^^^^^^
    This!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    At a hearing like this, i believe so. But you can prolly check with msi for an answer. You can always stop and visit the legiscritters or their staff in person. If the committee members give u flak about not being from their district, remind do them that their work on the committee is for all marylanders.

I suspect your time with them would be better spent after Sine Die, as they will have more time to spend and have a chance to discuss upcoming plans, etc. with you in a more relaxed way.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I suspect your time with them would be better spent after Sine Die, as they will have more time to spend and have a chance to discuss upcoming plans, etc. with you in a more relaxed way.

Why not get to them before they vote. This year.

Perhaps I misunderstand....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The full concept is * This will be eventually coming from the Federal level. You probably will be less than pleased with the exact nature of it. If you get out in front of the issue now, you can carefully contemplate your prefered Maryland style plan, instead of having only days to digest or deal with Federal mandate, such as happened to Illinois. *

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The full concept is * This will be eventually coming from the Federal level. You probably will be less than pleased with the exact nature of it. If you get out in front of the issue now, you can carefully contemplate your prefered Maryland style plan, instead of having only days to digest or deal with Federal mandate, such as happened to Illinois. *

Precisely. MD has no "manner or carry" law or regulation. You could start to see out of state permit holders open carrying in MD, if the legislature does not specify things. Like G&S, manner of carry and other things.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I cought it at the time.

The ultimately bigger issue is her not knowing if she was shot with handgun or rifle.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone brought this up..??She claimed she was shot with a 45mm round..she might be good in a Terminator movie,if I'm not mistaken 45mm is about 1 3/4" ..??Wow..someone correct me here.

Perhaps she meant 45 caliber. However wasn't the insinuation she was shot by a rifle? Was it a Carbine or 45LC Lever Action?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The 45mm was just a misstatement by someone who has no clue.

The folks making laws have no idea what they are legislating; "What's rimfire? What's centerfire?" Of course that doesn't stop them from putting those terms in a bill.

It's hard to argue against someone who's been shot. The stories are poignant, but really irrelevant. It's an "I've been shot so guns are bad." argument. Guns are neutral. The criminal who shot you is evil. And no law would dissuade him. The same if your daughter was shot. If he had used an axe, would you be arguing for licensing? It's only because they have an "in" on licensing guns, and their purchase, and their carrying.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Most of them (especially the favorable ones) will never even get a vote in the committee, the bills just spend the rest of their life in a desk drawer. There is no set schedule for whether or not a bill is voted on in the committee, you can check history on the mgaleg web site under the particular bill number to find current status.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Most of them (especially the favorable ones) will never even get a vote in the committee, the bills just spend the rest of their life in a desk drawer. There is no set schedule for whether or not a bill is voted on in the committee, you can check history on the mgaleg web site under the particular bill number to find current status.

The only gun bill I see scheduled is SB023, which is the same as HB877 to be by heard by the House Judicial Proceedings committee on March 28th, 1:00. (Handgun Prmts -Alt Expiration Date - Prvt et al Detectives, Scrty Guards, and Spcl Police Offcrs)

It died at this point last year also, according to the fiscal notes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When or IF to bring up a Bill for vote, or further discussion is at the sole discression of Committee Chairman . Mike & Mike can give orders in the political context (ie play ball, or we'll politically retaliate) , but can't give orders in absolute sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom