• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm with you on this as well, however the slides I'm looking around are $800 plus optic lol.

I will start small and see how they last before I spend a ton of money just to see the frame crack.

The frame is quality, it's not going to crack

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Making your own is not a cost saving measure. I already have two G19s (gen 3 and a gen 4) so I will share the Gen 3 slide with this one and just get a LPK for the frame.

Did you end up using your Gen3 slide and just buy LPK? Will the Gen4 slide work also?

I haven't been following this build that closely.
    Thanks!.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Did you end up using your Gen3 slide and just buy LPK? Will the Gen4 slide work also?

I haven't been following this build that closely.
    Thanks!.
    No, the Gen 4 slide will not work without some serious modifications. The P80's are designed to work with Gen 1 - Gen 3 parts. ;)

Yes, the P80 lower, a slide assembly and a LPK will give you all you need. (gen 3 of course.. lol)

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    No, the Gen 4 slide will not work without some serious modifications. The P80's are designed to work with Gen 1 - Gen 3 parts. ;)

Yes, the P80 lower, a slide assembly and a LPK will give you all you need. (gen 3 of course.. lol)
    Sticky: As far as the tools are concerned, can a small hand drill be used in place of a drill press, which I don't have? Thanks for reply

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Sticky: As far as the tools are concerned, can a small hand drill be used in place of a drill press, which I don't have? Thanks for reply
    You actually are supposed to use a hand drill to drill the 3 holes needed and honestly, with a dremel tool, a file and a hand drill, you can easily finish one of these (the Compact version (Glock 19, etc.. )). They give you a mill to cut the barrel block, but a dremel with a small (like 1/4" or 3/8") sanding drum will easily remove that. You also need to remove some protrusions on top of the frame to allow the slide to fit, a dremel and a small, fine flat file will do this easily as well. ;)

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    You actually are supposed to use a hand drill to drill the 3 holes needed and honestly, with a dremel tool, a file and a hand drill, you can easily finish one of these (the Compact version (Glock 19, etc.. )). They give you a mill to cut the barrel block, but a dremel with a small (like 1/4" or 3/8") sanding drum will easily remove that. You also need to remove some protrusions on top of the frame to allow the slide to fit, a dremel and a small, fine flat file will do this easily as well. ;)

Thank you sir!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Welł all my parts have been delivered, I'm just not going to be anywhere close to mine to be able to build it for awhile and I'd love to get started on it. :(

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Welł all my parts have been delivered, I'm just not going to be anywhere close to mine to be able to build it for awhile and I'd love to get started on it. :(
    Hooli country is kinda far away from me, but... if you want, I'll make the drive and have it ready when you get home... :lol2: :D

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Hooli country is kinda far away from me, but... if you want, I'll make the drive and have it ready when you get home... :lol2: :D

Thanks for the offer but I don't figure the misses would take to kindly to a visit, she might want to do it herself and I don't want to deprive her of the chance.:D

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for the offer but I don't figure the misses would take to kindly to a visit, she might want to do it herself and I don't want to deprive her of the chance.:D
    Honestly, not sure I wanna risk surprising the misses anyway (and I know she has a herd of guard dogs)...lol

Besides, half the fun is the 'doing it yourself' part.

Hope you can wrap it up and get back home soon! :beer:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I just finished!! About 3 hours total. Would have been less if I didn't have to track down you tube videos for how to assemble the LPK.

I have 1 left over pin from the LPK. Is that a problem?

I am assuming that one of the rail pins that came with the p80 replaced it, but worth checking right?

Drill holes were TIGHT so one of them I drilled out a hair. That seemed to do the trick.

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
      IMG_1899.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 191
    • IMG_1900.jpg
      IMG_1900.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 197
    • IMG_1901.jpg
      IMG_1901.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 191

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA

I'm wondering if I use a recoil assembly adapter to use a Gen 3 recoil spring and open the front just a bit it might work. http://www.glockstore.com/GEN4-Recoil-Assembly-Adapter-Ring

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I gotta tell ya, I wasn't interested in doing a Glock 80% lower, but some of the specialized slides are getting pretty cheap and also a lot more exotic. You can build a very nice handgun for not much money any more.

It's something I'm considering. It's on my radar for this week's Oaks gun show.

Are there any slides I should stay away from? Looking for the more exotic after market slides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom