• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Are most people using their stock Glock serial numbered slides and barrels? Wondering if the new frames are so comfortable that this is the case?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wouldn't see why not. I just snagged a factory fresh slide assembly and ran with it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Are most people using their stock Glock serial numbered slides and barrels? Wondering if the new frames are so comfortable that this is the case?

Almost all of the slide assemblies sold are take-offs that the retailer parts out from complete guns. Factory replacement slides are an S prefix serial number, barrels are an L. If it has a full serial number on it, then it came off of a complete gun.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    They are going up in $$ with demand. I picked up a Vickers slide on GB for $400 a few weeks ago, brand new take-off with Wilson Combat sights.

The Wilson sights alone are worth $125. Most of the OEM G19 slides are right around $410 and then you'd want to upgrade the sights anyway. I really like to Wilson sights and the Gold bead shows up nicely.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The Wilson sights alone are worth $125. Most of the OEM G19 slides are right around $450 and then you'd want to upgrade the sights anyway. I really like to Wilson sights and the Gold bead shows up nicely.
    I agree, I really like the sights.. the standard G19 slides were about $50 less, but that was a few weeks ago, I'm sure they have gone up lately with all of the demand for slides.

One would do better to just buy a Police trade-in, even if you stick a new barrel in it and use that for the build. It gives you everything you need for probably less than a new slide assy alone.. lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well son of a bitch, found a holster in my 'drawer o' holsters' that actually works with the 31/32 Hybrid. Damn Galco Matrix (# M5X472) I picked up for the M&P.45 a few years back.

Suddenly, I'm glad I didn't sell off all those old/unused holsters.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Well son of a bitch, found a holster in my 'drawer o' holsters' that actually works with the 31/32 Hybrid. Damn Galco Matrix (# M5X472) I picked up for the M&P.45 a few years back.

Suddenly, I'm glad I didn't sell off all those old/unused holsters.
    It pays to hoard? :D

I found that my G19 build fits really well in a Theis holster I have for a G30. The sticky holster I got for the 19 works well with the compact frame too. :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It pays to hoard? :D

I found that my G19 build fits really well in a Theis holster I have for a G30. The sticky holster I got for the 19 works well with the compact frame too. :thumbsup:

Some times it does..., I'd actually planned on disposing of those holsters last year - but said to hell with it, I'd never recoup the loss. It paid off.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the 19. My mother of all people, has a frame showing up this week - going to do a 19L Hybrid. She has a shoulder injury, so I figure between the 17 slide/barrel and 9mm, it should be something she can shoot w/out aggravating the shoulder.

It'll be interesting to see if she still has that horrible anticipation - aim for the face, but hit in the groin.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    It'll be interesting to see if she still has that horrible anticipation - aim for the face, but hit in the groin.

Well, the point of aim may not correspond to the intended point of impact, but it's hard to argue with the potential effectiveness of a Groin hit if the target happens to be a Male of the species..:lol2::lol2: You go Mom..:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, the point of aim may not correspond to the intended point of impact, but it's hard to argue with the potential effectiveness of a Groin hit if the target happens to be a Male of the species..:lol2::lol2: You go Mom..:D

She's shot that way for the past 25+ years, almost never fails to land dead smack in the groin. Funny watching guys on the firing line wince and cross their legs when they see her impacts.

I've always told people, don't break into my parents place - depending on who shoots, you may end up dead, or wishing you were dead. :lol2:

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    going to do a 19L Hybrid. She has a shoulder injury, so I figure between the 17 slide/barrel and 9mm, it should be something she can shoot w/out aggravating the shoulder.

In case you were not aware the 17 and 19 have a different locking lug.

Lone wolf and KKM used to sell extended length barrels to run a 17 slide and lone wolf still has the slide adapter but I cant find a long barrel anywhere.

Bar-sto can make one but not worth the expense to me.

I wonder if the locking block rail from a pf940 will work in the 940C?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    In case you were not aware the 17 and 19 have a different locking lug.

Lone wolf and KKM used to sell extended length barrels to run a 17 slide and lone wolf still has the slide adapter but I cant find a long barrel anywhere.

Bar-sto can make one but not worth the expense to me.

I wonder if the locking block rail from a pf940 will work in the 940C?

Well aware, went thru that process with my 31/32 Hybrid. Even more difficult to find a 32 barrel that'd work with the 31 slide - w/out having LW cut it and crown it. :)

Lone Wolf still has the 19L barrels, which won't mean a True 17 Long-slide, but a standard 17 slide on a 19 frame (19L is 4.49", 17 is 4.49"), so only .45" of barrel length difference, but an improved sight radius.

I guess I could section the locking block from the full-size, but I don't have enough faith in my fabrication/welding skills to attempt that, yet.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Well aware, went thru that process with my 31/32 Hybrid. Even more difficult to find a 32 barrel that'd work with the 31 slide - w/out having LW cut it and crown it. :)

Lone Wolf still has the 19L barrels, which won't mean a True 17 Long-slide, but a standard 17 slide on a 19 frame (19L is 4.49", 17 is 4.49"), so only .45" of barrel length difference, but an improved sight radius.

I guess I could section the locking block from the full-size, but I don't have enough faith in my fabrication/welding skills to attempt that, yet.

I looked on LW website I found out they used to sell them but I couldnt find it. Only ported or threaded.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    In hindsight, I should've spent the extra $30 or so, and had LW cut the extended 32 barrel down to 4.49" with a shallow recessed crown - but I was impatient and wanted the build wrapped up asap.

Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom