• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Like Marko12 said, it is a short walk bwtween the ranges at Elk Neck (compared to the walk at the AGC as an example).

Also, I could see where folks would then want to shoot rifles at the pistol range when the rifle range becomes crowded.

Sets a bad precendent in my opinion.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I have an annual permit for Elk Neck. I was shooting my JRC9 there this past weekend, my 9mm carbine AR-15. I use this rifle for home defense and keep it sighted at 7 yards because I can't shoot farther than that inside my house.

To me, it would make much more sense to shoot that one on the pistol range since I'm shooting a pistol caliber at pistol distances.

I don't want to have to waste time and ammo to zero it in at 25 or 50 or 100 yards each time I want to shoot it, then move the target back to 7 yards and re-zero it before I take it home. I also don't want to go out every cease fire and move my target forward or backward to accommodate one rifle.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    At one time, the AGC allowed folks to shoot pistol caliber carbines at the pistol range. Unfortunately this lead to some abuses and we adopted the NRA range policy of pistols on pistol range and rifles on the rifle range.

I believe that most ranges follow this guideline and Elk Neck is no exception.

jklarman

Mar 14, 2015
    Do kids need a permit?

My son is 10 and I just bought him a 22/410. Does he need a permit to shoot at Elk Neck range?

fb939

Nov 13, 2015
    Elk NEck Shooting Range Permit

Reminder: If you are 62 or older, the cost of an Annual Permit is only $25 (versus $50).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom