• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have sent both a long gun and handgun back to Sig for warranty repair and I have gotten both of them back in two weeks or less. The first time was with the handgun and I because I did not expect such a fast turnaround time, I had to contact them and ask them to hold off shipping it back to me for a couple of days so that I could get back home after a business travel. Sig will take good care of you.

Cal68

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    'Back in the day' this would not have been an issue. The gun could have been exchanged by the manufacturer (or distributor) if the buyer had not taken possession. Now because of stupid MD laws, the serial number has to be on the paperwork when submittted for the background check. This was not the case years ago. You could go into the store to pick up a handgun (then add the serial number to the paperwork) and add up to four more handguns to your paperwork at that time, and leave with them.
    I know there at least of few of you out there that remember this.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought a new Mossberg 500 20guage at the Walmart in Laplata. There was a light scratch on the left side of the receiver, instead of the marked $269 price, the manager sold it to me for a $100. After the purchase I asked him if I could look thru the other guns in the cabinet for scratches. He laughed, and said "No".

shooter mcgee

Jan 4, 2017
    so i feel like a total dumbass.. turns out there is no chip in the sig frame. it is perfectly fine. it must have been some dirt or debris, or the way i looked at it from a certain angle. i don't remember touching what i thought was the chip. whatever I thought I saw, was as I put the gun down as I was leaving the store. seems i caused quite a stir at the shop. oops!

on another note, i think the lead dust is messing with me (I've had detox issues in the past). I'm going to switch to lead free bullets or wear an N100 mask from now on. i know i'll look like a moron but i think it's for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom