• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today, VCDL sued Katie Couric and other responsible parties for the film “Under the Gun” for defamation in Federal District Court in Richmond, Virginia!

As you have probably heard and has been widely reported in the media, the "documentary" contains manipulated footage that makes it look like we were stumped by a question on background checks, when in reality, we immediately began responding. I’m attaching a press release about the lawsuit, and answering some questions you may have about it below.

Q: Why did the VCDL file this lawsuit?

· It’s the only way to hold Couric and her people accountable.

· Couric has publicly admitted that the film was misleading and misrepresented the VCDL, but the filmmakers refuse to fix it or to stop promoting and distributing it.

Q: What does the VCDL hope to accomplish with the lawsuit?

· Hold the filmmakers accountable for misleading audiences and misrepresenting us.

· Compensate the VCDL and the VCDL members who were harmed by the film.

· Set the record straight.

· Advance our mission to defend your right to defend yourself.

Q: How is the VCDL paying for the lawsuit?

· Member contributions.

· Please consider making a contribution to help hold Couric accountable and to help the VCDL defend your right to defend yourself. Unfortunately, filing such a lawsuit is expensive, but we simply cannot let this manipulation and intentional misrepresentation stand!

Q: Where can I get more information?

· To compare the manipulated video footage and the unedited audio recording, and learn more about the case, click here:

http://clarelocke.com/our-cases/katie-couric/

-

To read the actual complaint that was filed this morning, click here:

http://clarelocke.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FINAL-Complaint-VCDL-v.-Katie-Couric-1.pdf

or

http://tinyurl.com/hjvk6we

-

To contribute to VCDL, please click here:

http://vcdl.org/Donate

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    good for them. sure they will lose but at least one reporter will think twice before defaming/misrepresenting/etc in the name of sensationalistic journalism.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    good for them. sure they will lose but at least one reporter will think twice before defaming/misrepresenting/etc in the name of sensationalistic journalism.

"Uh,uh, I had no knowledge of that, it was underlings that did it."

"I didn't know that would make someone look bad."

"I got a bump on the head and can't remember telling anybody to insert 60 seconds of dead air."

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I just joined up and became a member again. I'm a DC resident but it doesn't matter. I was a member a few years ago but let it lapse. Sent an extra $25 plus membership cost.

Thanks Swinokur.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

It may also keep any journalists from interviewing them, at least the lefties.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    If nothing else, the VCDL will get this issue more into the public eye. If they happen to win, that is more better!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I Pray you guys get what your asking. No 1 holds the media accountable for there wrongful doings anymore ! Its always these days assumed if its Liberal Its a fact ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom