• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Surprised nobody mentioned this sooner.

Southern Ohio Gun is now selling the Yugoslavian M57 pistols as Curio & Relic

http://www.southernohiogun.com/0on-sale/yugo-md57-tt-tokarev-pistol-w-hol-ex-m.html

From the reports on the Internet, they are in pretty decent shape, even if the have the "claw of death" import mark, and an added-on safety (though this one more resembles a 1911-style in terms of placement). While magazines are a bit hard to find, people have had success in adding a catch to CZ-52 magazines.

DSCF0012.JPG

Gunboards.com has a survey in the military handgun-section, apparently the letter prefix in the serial number corresponds to a year of manufacture
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?103742-Yugo-M57-Tokarev-Survey

Might be worth a look

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    this might be a stupid question, but if you get your C&R do you have to go through the handgun BS to get a C&R handgun or can it just be shipped to your door?

I want that Tokarev

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    Got mine yesterday and am very pleased with it, except that it is a glob of grease! Let it soak over night and will clean it today.

The holster I received is very well made, shows slight ware and is tan as opposed to a darker color shown above.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Will the gun gods banish me to Hell if I DuraCoat one of these :rolleyes:

As long as you're not talking pink, you could do worse than DuraCoat...

Green Parkerizing
    Gold Plate
    Chrome
    Etching a tacky design into the slide
    putting a tactical scope on it.

However, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to blue it though.

Mark

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Educate me please -- How do different Tokarevs (Polish vs Yugos vs Russian etc.) rank in order of finish, reliability, reputation, desirability?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Got mine yesterday and am very pleased with it, except that it is a glob of grease! Let it soak over night and will clean it today.

The holster I received is very well made, shows slight ware and is tan as opposed to a darker color shown above.

did you pay the ten dollars hand pick? and if so do you think it was worth it?
    I ordered from them once and payed the 10 but thought that it should have in better shape for the hand pick, im just curious how others have done.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand the Yugoslavian Tokarevs carry an extra round (9) in the magazine; this means the other mags will not work in this pistol. I also understand that the grip is correspondingly longer, which some people prefer for better control; the 7.62x25 is a fairly hot load.

I'm also told that the Yugo pistol was the latest variation, and has better safety features. Mine hasn't arrived yet, so all this info has been gathered from various net sources, not from in-hand knowledge.

I don't know about fit, finish or desireabilty, but the price is certainly right. In fact, it seems to be a great bargain, if you have a C&R.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    My Yugo is not too awful bad for a fun-gun hot plinker. They put a safety in by grinding away part of the left hand grip panel with thumbs a pin that blocks the trigger from operating by lifting a small metal plate. Mine sticks like hell and will sometimes come up just enough from the recoil to stop the gun from firing. Easy enough to bypass by bending the actuator plate up a little bit. The Yugo also has a mag insert actuator that will not let you pull the trigger unless there is a mag inserted and locked. I have heard these are short range accurate but not as accurate at the ranges the 7.62x25 is reaching. Afterall, the front sight is a blade type that has probably been "adjusted" more than a few times in the past 50 years. I may get another one and see if it is any better than this one if the report from SOG is a good one.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    I got my polish tok from sog last week and paid the hand pick but probley should have saved the 10 bux the finish was worn around the edges and the blueing was worn and splotchy. I wanted a shooter so I'm not too woried about it . The overall condition was ok. The bore is a little dark with sharp rifleing. I only have 50 rnds thru but it functions fine no problems. I might pick one of the yugos also sog dropped the price this week.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I too noticed SOG's change to C&R status for the Yugo Toks. And with their price reduction it's very tempting to add a Yugo to my collection while they're available. I already have Romy and Polish versions and they're nice shooters (but the add on safety sucks).

7.62x25 milsurp ammo is still affordable. But I already have 2 Toks and 3 CZ-52's that eat it. A Yugo Tok would be yet another mouth to feed. Decisions - decisions. :banghead:

I'm torn between. It'd be nice to have another Tok, but I'm not yet ready to jump on one of these with stash cash being tight. Can you guys change my mind? Are they worth having? Do I need an extra push from ya??

Maybe...:innocent0

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I could kick myself in the A$$ for not picking up a few SKS rifles when they where 150$ or less. Don't suffer the same fate as me get the Tok

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Buy it Joe, you have room in one of the safes I'm sure!

You're "so" influential Bro...what's a guy to do with a BIL like you?
    Maybe you're right. I'm sure I can find a place in a safe. Toks don't take up much room and aren't very big.

Uh Oh...Good thing SOG's phone lines aren't open on a Saturday night. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom