• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    RI1622-Angle-1024x502.gif

Ugly as hell, and I can see an assembly line of Monkeys but US made with a milled receiver and a flag etched in the side.............hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe if the price comes down from the $750 to $850 they are trying to get for them.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Way too expensive. On the other hand I wouldn't call it ugly. That flash hider/comp needs to go though. I would buy it if it weren't 800 for an ak

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    For that price, get an Arsenal and be happy. :D

I like having an AK that wasn't built by monkeys. At least not retarded/cockeyed monkeys. :innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    For that price, get an Arsenal and be happy. :D

I like having an AK that wasn't built by monkeys. At least not retarded/cockeyed monkeys. :innocent0

Hehehe, you Arsenal was monkeying for a couple years right? I am probably their biggest fans but I looked at so many SLR106's and 107's with cock eyed sights etc. Finishes that evaporate with anything but CLP? Hmmmm

This is more curiousity than a serious inquiry, I am interested to see one though I didnt think anyone in the US was making all of the parts (including site blocks, springs, etc).

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Lose that redonkulously ugly grip, scrap the crapco mag, replace the handguard with something that has less than 18 different rails, and junk whatever that muzzle device is...rifle might not be too bad then. interesting choice on going milled though. drop that price to $550 and itll move. at $850? i would never even consider it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Lose that redonkulously ugly grip, scrap the crapco mag, replace the handguard with something that has less than 18 different rails, and junk whatever that muzzle device is...rifle might not be too bad then. interesting choice on going milled though. drop that price to $550 and itll move. at $850? i would never even consider it.

Don't forget the bayonet lug...

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    Century contracted these out to atm so the qualty should be quite good. The polish milled 1960 from century/atm is excelent the reciver fit and finish is awesome. Hopefuly the price will come down..... If it does I will pick one up and get some iron wood milled furnature .

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Hehehe, you Arsenal was monkeying for a couple years right? I am probably their biggest fans but I looked at so many SLR106's and 107's with cock eyed sights etc. Finishes that evaporate with anything but CLP? Hmmmm

This is more curiousity than a serious inquiry, I am interested to see one though I didnt think anyone in the US was making all of the parts (including site blocks, springs, etc).

I've had good luck with my 106FR, finish has held up over 3 years except for on the bayonet lug (where I have attached the bayonet several times for fun) and where the selector rubs the receiver, etc. Nothing other than normal wear for me, I use Hoppe's #9 on mine.

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    It looks exactly like the AK in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, think they are trying to aim towards the video game crowd??

big market...with a bunch of morons :sad20:

i can understand a rail for the top.. maybe should have went with detachable rails on the forends..
    eh looks OK but seriously for that price you can buy a standard AK and add all the bells and whistles with money left over for ammo.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'll stick with my SGL-21 that I got for $549 back in November from K-Var, thanks very much. This thing here is an abomination! Ugh.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Is this *really* a 100% all-American build? Has anyone inspected one in person? I find it hard to believe that Century has managed to build a milled receiver rifle on domestically produced components for anything less than $1K or so. They are known to cut corners and I've never heard of a US-made AK bolt and carrier before.

Not to mention it's ugly... call me a traditionalist, but that furniture and muzzle brake are heinous.

On the other hand, I've been waiting for Century to wake up and do something with all the resources at their disposal. They can keep being the Wal-Mart of firearms indefinitely, since even the occasional lemon hasn't stopped people from buying their products... but you'd figure there are firearms enthusiasts working there who want something more for the company. The push to start manufacturing components stateside is a good thing, IMO. Hopefully these will be better quality than the US-grown magazines available... :rolleyes:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I posted this more for general interest than a serious purchase. But think of it this way if a market is growing for a truly US made AK that helps keep a parts supply on our shores (though I suspect this is a case of foriegn made and final finishing).

Ill admit as an AK collector I do have a "collectors" interest here if it DOESNT take off :)

Is this *really* a 100% all-American build? Has anyone inspected one in person? I find it hard to believe that Century has managed to build a milled receiver rifle on domestically produced components for anything less than $1K or so. They are known to cut corners and I've never heard of a US-made AK bolt and carrier before.

Not to mention it's ugly... call me a traditionalist, but that furniture and muzzle brake are heinous.

On the other hand, I've been waiting for Century to wake up and do something with all the resources at their disposal. They can keep being the Wal-Mart of firearms indefinitely, since even the occasional lemon hasn't stopped people from buying their products... but you'd figure there are firearms enthusiasts working there who want something more for the company. The push to start manufacturing components stateside is a good thing, IMO. Hopefully these will be better quality than the US-grown magazines available... :rolleyes:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    AK is a Russian rifle made by the Izhmash factory in...you guessed it Russia. My Saiga is truly an AK. All others are copies IMHO.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    The latest Guns and Ammo Ak-47 special edition had an article where IO Inc. has started to produce 100% Ak-47 and not just putting together a Romanian surplus kit. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if IO Inc. has to means to do it, Century Arms certainly does as well.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62081

There's a picture of it mid-thread down. A very good read :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom