My experience at the Philly protest Saturday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Last Saturday the Scout troop, which I am the Scoutmaster of, made the trip to Philly to visit the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and other sites before heading over to the USS New Jersey to spend the night. It just so happened that we walked right into the middle of the "March to Give Away Our Rights" protest.

As we came out of the Visitor's Center we were right in the middle of crowd. I led the boys, single file through and into the Liberty Bell building. There was not one word or snide comment heard from them (surprisingly!). We passed many "Fu** Trump" and "The NRA murders children" signs and heard several nasty comments from some of the crowd.

Once inside the Liberty Bell museum I had a brief discussion with the boys. My main point was that many fought and died for our liberties and that some people were willing to give them up so easily was unfortunate. I also pointed out that we should always support ALL civil right as stated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and that all rights are of equal importance.

Next month, Shotgun shooting at Camp Horseshoe!

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    ...Once inside the Liberty Bell museum I had a brief discussion with the boys. My main point was that many fought and died for our liberties and that some people were willing to give them up so easily was unfortunate. I also pointed out that we should always support ALL civil right as stated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and that all rights are of equal importance. ...

...we should always support ALL inalienable rights as stated in the Declaration of Independence and that all rights are of equal importance to free men and women.

Sounds better.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    how was Camden ? When they gave us the night tour the gun fire made it feel real (that you were at war) :lol2:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I am doing a week in Philly with my wife and daughters this Summer. Any suggestions or pointers on accommodations, public transportation or lessons learned?

Bauhaus Schmitz for German food.
    Duck boat is prolly worth the entertainment. Keep an eye out for tugboats....

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I am doing a week in Philly with my wife and daughters this Summer. Any suggestions or pointers on accommodations, public transportation or lessons learned?

See the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Mutter Museum, Eastern State Penitentiary. Avoid Pat's Cheese Steaks (they were horrible) We used Uber a bit when we went

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Last Saturday the Scout troop, which I am the Scoutmaster of, made the trip to Philly to visit the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and other sites before heading over to the USS New Jersey to spend the night. It just so happened that we walked right into the middle of the "March to Give Away Our Rights" protest.

As we came out of the Visitor's Center we were right in the middle of crowd. I led the boys, single file through and into the Liberty Bell building. There was not one word or snide comment heard from them (surprisingly!). We passed many "Fu** Trump" and "The NRA murders children" signs and heard several nasty comments from some of the crowd.

Once inside the Liberty Bell museum I had a brief discussion with the boys. My main point was that many fought and died for our liberties and that some people were willing to give them up so easily was unfortunate. I also pointed out that we should always support ALL civil right as stated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and that all rights are of equal importance.

Next month, Shotgun shooting at Camp Horseshoe!

Two weeks ago our Scout troop went to Philly. We did the Maritime museum and slept in Ft Mifflin. Great trip. No protesters though.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    OP; thanks for being a great scout leader.
    As for philly, one has to do the Rocky run from the market to the art museum. Maybe just the steps and the jumping up and down if that is your activity level. Afterwards, hit up Dirty Franks for brews. It's a very Philly type establishment.

You could also tour the USS Olympia. It took the unknown soldier from France to DC. Look for the historic marker for the site of Tun tavern near where USS Olympia is docked.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    thanks for the some of the suggestions on things to do.. my oldest wants to attend Drexel and bring some conservative values to that liberal place of higher education. We're visiting in a few weeks and will check out some of the sights/places mentioned here.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Nope. Inaccuracy. The Declaration is the first organic law of this union. The whole reason for the Articles and the Constitution is to ensure our inalienable rights and liberties as stated in the Declaration. So both of them follow from the first.

FYI I didn't make the "fixed for accuracy" post, BeoBill did. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom