• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Could someone please post some basic range etiquete / rules we should follow? I know not to handle firearms during ceasefires, but what about reloading magazines? Better to ask, I guess.

Sure thing. Qreat question!

Touch a gun during a ceasefire = getting your ass kicked.

Loading magazines is absolutely encouraged during ceasfires.

We WILL have to share lanes throughout the day.

Pack away as many unused guns as possible so that the benches, racks and firing lines are as clear as possible. There will likely be 100 or so people there and the RSO's need to be able to move around freely. Also, by casing unused guns, we can get ceasefires called quicker as there will be less guns to check to make sure they are "safe"

You can use all kinds of junk for targets, as long as you pack it our with you. Food is not recommended to shoot at; it'll be too big a mess to clean up.

Lunch is provided for $8.00. It's always been a good lunch and nobody has ever walked away hungry.

Holstered handguns are allowed. See rule number 1 above. :D

Have fun, be willing to share and don't be shy about asking to try out another member's gun. Offer to use your own ammo or pay for what you shoot. For "sampling" most guns it's not an issue but when blasting with a 50bmg, .500 magnum or other big caliber it can add up quick. I always let people run one 10 round mag (or whatever capacity it is, 8 for my 1911, 6 for revolvers, etc) through whatever handguns I bring since none of mine are chambered in any crazy caliber. I always offer to pay for the ammo I shoot, or use my own in any full auto gun that I'm allowed to try.

I'll post all the specific rules befre the event, and we always hold a big safety meeting before the first shots are fired and we have reminders during the ceasefires.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Sure thing. Qreat question!

Touch a gun during a ceasefire = getting your ass kicked.

Loading magazines is absolutely encouraged during ceasfires.

We WILL have to share lanes throughout the day.

Pack away as many unused guns as possible so that the benches, racks and firing lines are as clear as possible. There will likely be 100 or so people there and the RSO's need to be able to move around freely. Also, by casing unused guns, we can get ceasefires called quicker as there will be less guns to check to make sure they are "safe"

You can use all kinds of junk for targets, as long as you pack it our with you. Food is not recommended to shoot at; it'll be too big a mess to clean up.

Lunch is provided for $8.00. It's always been a good lunch and nobody has ever walked away hungry.

Holstered handguns are allowed. See rule number 1 above. :D

Have fun, be willing to share and don't be shy about asking to try out another member's gun. Offer to use your own ammo or pay for what you shoot. For "sampling" most guns it's not an issue but when blasting with a 50bmg, .500 magnum or other big caliber it can add up quick. I always let people run one 10 round mag (or whatever capacity it is, 8 for my 1911, 6 for revolvers, etc) through whatever handguns I bring since none of mine are chambered in any crazy caliber. I always offer to pay for the ammo I shoot, or use my own in any full auto gun that I'm allowed to try.

I'll post all the specific rules befre the event, and we always hold a big safety meeting before the first shots are fired and we have reminders during the ceasefires.

Thanks!

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    This is impressive.....

Fellas......

You all need to be aware how much our Industry Partners care about this forum, and gun rights. The doorprizes are becoming ENORMOUS. The money raised from this effort goes to keep MSI running and pays the rent here at mdshooters.

In the next few days you will see the once a year advertising we allow on Mdshooters.com. You will see logos of the Industry Partners that have donated generously to keep our gun owners' community thriving. Take note and please patronize these vendors every chance you can. We take no paid advertising here because that's how the majority of you want it. MSI takes up a lot of this forum's resources and uses this opportunity to pay for what is used.

Some of the doorprizes currently donated:

Mosin 91/30
    FN SCAR
    Ruger LCR
    CZ9
    Remington SPS 308
    Marlin 60SN 22LR W/Scope
    Ruger MKIII 22LR 6” barrel
    Mossberg 535ATS turkey
    Maverick 270win with a 3x9x40 scope
    Assorted slings, optics, etc
    Assorted MD Shooters Swag
    free matte black simple coating on a pistol or rifle

2 hour private training session for ccw gift certificate

A day's worth of shooting and instruction on long range fundamentals of precision work and refining techniques

Taurus 850 Snub nosed .38 SPL hammerless
    Hi Point 995TS Carbine
    Laser Max Uni Red pic mount laser
    Mossberg 590 (not A1) 20" 12ga shotgun
    Timber Tactical stainless steel lower parts
    Tru Glo Scope
    Polish P83 pistol
    M/N 91/30 Sniper Scope
    S&W Sigma 40cal

Those that attended last year will recall how much fun this was and how many of you walked away with great prizes for pennies on the dollar. I know I'll be bringing $100 to buy tickets for the various things I hope to win.

If you were there last year you'll recall how this was run.....for the new guys we'll have instructions posted in a few days. This allows YOU to exercise some over control your odds of winning.

:drool:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I am planning on it, and will bring my 12yo son.

I will also bring:

Galil EBR in .308
    1898 30-40 Krag
    1943 Lee-Enfield No 1 Mk 4 .303 British
    Ballester-Molina .45
    Beretta 92FS totally tricked out
    Sig P226N
    CZ 452 .22

and a bunch of 7.62x54 to share the joy with all the mosin whores:lol2:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I am planning on it, and will bring my 12yo son.

I will also bring:

Galil EBR in .308
    1898 30-40 Krag
    1943 Lee-Enfield No 1 Mk 4 .303 British
    Ballester-Molina .45
    Beretta 92FS totally tricked out
    Sig P226N
    CZ 452 .22

and a bunch of 7.62x54 to share the joy with all the mosin whores:lol2:

Save me one round of 30-40 Krag? :D

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    ok here is a list of what can be brought by me if any one wants it to come just let me know

Handguns

Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Beretta 96
    Sig GSR RCS 1911
    Sig 226 with Supressor
    Sig 220 SAO
    Taurus 357 snub nose
    Taurus 357 full frame
    Walther P22
    GSG MP5k- 1 unfired up for sale- full kit and extra mags
    Sig 238