• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Scott Eastwood by far for the role. Have him attending his dad's funeral and have the model past down to him and have him carry a new model M&P 9mm as his gun of choice. Yeah it's blasphemy but could have some flashbacks with him and the old man about power vs capacity. City would remain SF.

Oh hell no... 9MM??? :sad20:

Give him a retired FBI Glock 10MM... and you may have something there.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Jonathan Banks (Mike from Breaking Bad)
    Keep the 29
    Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore or some other cesspool

Me, too. Jonathan Banks. He's a natural, the others are "pretty boys". I vote for a .41 Magnum Ruger Redhawk with Pachmayr grips..

bigD

Ole Cowboy
    Jun 6, 2012
    Casting Dirty Harry

Agree Scott Eastwood. Could start out with present day aged Clint shooting 29 or Auto-Mag along side Scott shooting a hi-cap 10mm. Blowing thru things to show equal devastation. However, during movie have Scott, Dirty Harry Junior, acquire a 500 S&W that he gets out of his personal Charger (or SF police cruiser Pris) and shoots thru refrigerator or equivalent. Shortly after start they fix him up with a female partner who gets issued a pink 380. After the laughing on the qualifying range stops. She pulls out an auto-mag or a hi-cap 10mm like partner Scott and does a smiley face plus with three down to bad guy paper groin.
    She's equally Dirty H... as Junior. They, bullying cops or bad guys, only call her Junior Harry's bitch once with a full set of teeth. She drives her personal Jeep Cherokee SRT with its stock 700 horsepower to replace her SF cruiser Kia electric. Her background Marine Combat EOD and hobby blowing things up using robotic devices carrying in charges........plus she's a McGivor type.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Vince Vaughn. XDM 45acp. I know he is mostly comedy, but after Hacksaw Ridge I think he could pull it off.

durkspunk2112

Aug 23, 2014
    Frederick County, Md.
    Clint Smith (because he's a bad ass, and not an actor)
    Anywhere there is scum

DSC_0077-600x463.jpg

Jeremiyah

Sep 20, 2010
    Casting DIRTY HARRY

Gun would have to be 454 Caull or S&W 500.
    OTW, he could not say "This is the most powerful handgun in the world and itll blow your head clean off. "
    Get real, 629 in 44 Mag is a .38 special peashooter in comparison....

Have to be CGI Clint so far as I Can figure.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They would ruin it. Just look at Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise? Really?

They actually did a good job with the basic story, but yeah.

Reacher is TALL. Cruise is SHORT.

And Cruise played Reacher as a tough guy, mean face. Reacher in the books is easy going, friendly. But has an edge that tells people to back off, most of the time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Agree Scott Eastwood. Could start out with present day aged Clint shooting 29 or Auto-Mag along side Scott shooting a hi-cap 10mm. Blowing thru things to show equal devastation. However, during movie have Scott, Dirty Harry Junior, acquire a 500 S&W that he gets out of his personal Charger (or SF police cruiser Pris) and shoots thru refrigerator or equivalent. Shortly after start they fix him up with a female partner who gets issued a pink 380. After the laughing on the qualifying range stops. She pulls out an auto-mag or a hi-cap 10mm like partner Scott and does a smiley face plus with three down to bad guy paper groin.
    She's equally Dirty H... as Junior. They, bullying cops or bad guys, only call her Junior Harry's bitch once with a full set of teeth. She drives her personal Jeep Cherokee SRT with its stock 700 horsepower to replace her SF cruiser Kia electric. Her background Marine Combat EOD and hobby blowing things up using robotic devices carrying in charges........plus she's a McGivor type.

I like it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Tom Cruise didn't suck as badly as I expected as Reacher , but still :

One of the primary defining elements of Reacher is being 6'6" , lifelong martial artist .

And the one unexpected omission of Reacher is NOT being a car guy . Did the required amounts for his Army duties , but never interested , only most basic driving abilities, prefers every other mode of getting around to driving . The elaborate car chase scenes were total non sequitur.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I agree that Cruise didn't come to mind while reading Reacher. But all things considered, he is pretty versatile. Biggest shocker: he was actually pretty great as the vampire Lestat.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Geesh, I hated that neo-Gothic vampire fantasy. I wouldn't cast Tom Cruise in any role because he's mediocre at best. I still think Hugh Jackman would be perfect for the role as I wouldn't want him to be too young and I'd want him to be old enough to have a past. I'm not a Ben Afflec fan, either, but I've got to admit I loved him in The Accountant. He was superb and his hair was perfect, just like you'd expect someone with autism to walk, talk, dress and act. I also love twist endings. But for Dirty Harry, no. Ben might be a good Crazy Larry, though I'm sure there are some truly demented actors out there. Some actors might even prefer the madman serial killer role over the dirty cop role.

Another movie I'd love is a Cliffhanger 2. I watched it recently in Blu-Ray and it left me stunned at the improvement over DVD. Those mountains and the music were breathtaking. The stunts were phenomenal. Sylvester's getting a bit too long in the tooth to land a mountain climbing role, but he could still be the main character. If you haven't seen the movie in Blu-Ray, drop whatever you're doing and order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom