• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toxicjin

Feb 8, 2018
    Forest Hill, Md.
    Hello all. I joined this forum on Thursday and took ownership of my first handgun on Friday. I have been reading a lot of information from here over the past week and have found this to be a great resource for local shooters so I sighted up. I am very new to all of this. I've been to the range about 5 times trying to figure out what gun i liked for purchase. I haven't even shot my new pistol as of this posting! That will change today.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Welcome! I graduated from PHHS in '75. Moved north 30 years ago although my parents still live there. The area sure has changed over the years.
    I assume Baltimore County Game and Fish Assoc. is open for membership if you're looking for a close place to shoot.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

If you give a shout out , you can frequently find MDS'er who will be glad to join you for a Range session .

( Usually. Today specifically there are multiple Events taking place , including a PP appearence in Bowie , and Major gun shows nearby in Oaks, Pa , and Chantilly, Va .)

Toxicjin

Feb 8, 2018
    Forest Hill, Md.
    Welcome! I graduated from PHHS in '75. Moved north 30 years ago although my parents still live there. The area sure has changed over the years.
    I assume Baltimore County Game and Fish Assoc. is open for membership if you're looking for a close place to shoot.

I wish they were open to membership. I can hear the shots ring out from my house. The problem is (as I Understand it) is they only take new members who are sponsored in by other members. I have only moved here for years ago, and don't know anyone that is a member.

tighefighter

Dec 13, 2017
    I wish they were open to membership. I can hear the shots ring out from my house. The problem is (as I Understand it) is they only take new members who are sponsored in by other members. I have only moved here for years ago, and don't know anyone that is a member.
    I looked into it because just like you I hear the shots all the time. I have a buddy that is a member there and he said the same. Have to be sponsored but a member that's been in good standing for 3 years. And if I'm not mistaken there is a waiting list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Toxicjin

Feb 8, 2018
    Forest Hill, Md.
    Yeah, probably for the best.... on one hand it would probably get overcrowded if it was open to everyone. Also, with it being so close to home, I'd probably spend a small fortune in ammo

tighefighter

Dec 13, 2017
    Yeah, probably for the best.... on one hand it would probably get overcrowded if it was open to everyone. Also, with it being so close to home, I'd probably spend a small fortune in ammo
    That's for sure. I just recently began buying firearms again. It's already becoming an expensive hobby. I plan on hitting the range weds morning up near my work. I have yet to get to the range myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 97

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Welcome. Please plan to get yourself to the public sidewalk in front of lawyers this Monday night by 7 pm. You'll know us when you see us.

You can grab some grub at mission barbecue 530-6ish, then go stand up for your 1A and 2A rights

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    welcome fellow Perry Haller, hope to see you today at the Annapolis event. I'm in your neighborhood, feel free to reach out anytime if you need anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom