• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    No.

I just talked to MSP and asked about this. You can submit paperwork at any time. If the MSP reviews it prior to 30 days after you PICKED UP, the previous one, they will process the paperwork and mark it that the firearm cannot be picked up until XX date (30 days past the previous PICKUP DATE).

Submission and approval date have nothing to do with it. It is 30 days after you RECEIVE the firearm.

Then approval date has everything to do with it. You can't pick it up until it is approved. MSP has no clue when you picked it up, so they would go by the date is leaves them - thee approval date.

The form asks if you have purchased within the last 30 days. A purchase is considered complete when the firearm transfer is complete. So, you can't submit until 30 days after your earlier purchase. If you do, you are falsifying the application form and risk rejection or worse.

If MSP isn't enforcing the law and will just post a date that pickup is allowed, that's great but not a game I'm going to play as the stakes are way too high and I'm not going to give them a reason to disapprove me.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You CAN and MAY submit before 30 days. Just say YES to the question.

I recently called MSP and asked about this.

They will Not Disapprove, but mark the paperwork to Do Not Deliver Before XX date. THe FFL may not deliver before that date.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    You CAN and MAY submit before 30 days. Just say YES to the question.

I recently called MSP and asked about this.

They will Not Disapprove, but mark the paperwork to Do Not Deliver Before XX date. THe FFL may not deliver before that date.

Exactly - if you say YES. The way it was being discussed, the response would be entered as NO because the buyer had already waited over 30 days even though the purchase wasn't completed by taking possession.

The point is that from the day you "buy" (submit) to the day you "purchase" (when you pick up after the paperwork is processed) plus 30 days, you are in that window where you cannot submit a second purchase (unless you check the YES or are a Designated Collector. If you do and enter NO because your opinion is that you're on day 45 of your wait on paperwork and that's more than 30, don't be surprised if that causes problems with falsification of the app.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Finally, I picked up one of my (3).

Day 62 - decided to call MSP on 4/11, and MSP responded in Review
    FFL called MSP and MSP responded FAX was sent. (MSP resent FAX)
    FFL contacted to come pick up, Faxed = 4/11

Paperwork Faxed = 2/9
    During process App was sent to Review (Investigations flagged - Cub Scout Den Leader and AACPS Chaperon)
    Not Disapproved = 4/2

krb

Apr 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    "Cub Scout Den Leader and AACPS Chaperon..."

You have to wonder just what databases MSP is poking around in. And when they found out that you worked with Scouts, what did they do, call the mothers?

musketbal

Mar 26, 2013
    Somerset Co., Crisfield
    OK, so here's another reason why this whole application process is completely F%CKED up. My best friend who is a MSP Trooper bought a handgun back on Feb. 8th had been waiting just like everone else. Then yesterday he received a call from the FFL stating that his application was underfurther review because he has been finger printed in the past.What the F#ck????. He has been a trooper for 20 yrs so yea guess that happens like when you get hired?? This is the dumb shit that is taking place up there. OIh yea, they have hired more outsoarceing with more civilians. Hope your don't end up with this new group of idiots. They said the decision would be made in a couple more weeks.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Two damn calender months at this point. As stated many times, approved 3/29, confirmed by MSP. My FFL still says no fax received and to my knowledge has not called and ask for the fax to be resent. The bad part is, between me and my wife, we have 4 handgun purchases with this FFL within the last two months. I am done with this and will get them when I get them. No more regulated guns for me until this shit clears out. 35 days turns into 60 and it really pisses one off. I knew there was a modest wait and I was not okay with it but I was okay all in the same time. This has gone beyond ridiculous. I will just sit and wait for the call

JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    30 DAYS TODAY

TODAY IS 30 DAYS WAITING FOR MY G-19.DEPENDING ON WHO I LISTEN TO ITS EITHER 30 OR 90 MORE DAYS. DAMN GLAD THE BURGLARS AGREED TO WAIT FOR ME TO GET MY G-19 BEFORE THEY BREAKIN

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    "Cub Scout Den Leader and AACPS Chaperon..."

You have to wonder just what databases MSP is poking around in. And when they found out that you worked with Scouts, what did they do, call the mothers?

They are doing a Field Mark check in the CJIS system which shows every time you were ever fingerprinted, be it for a clearance or for an arrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom