• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZBryant63

May 23, 2019
    I'm on about 20 acres with a small wooded area. What is the legality of shooting on my land per PG law? I've tried looking but haven't been able to find anything saying it's ok, just some tho g that says it's not allowed within 1000 feet of a structure. Can anyone clarify? I would need to do some clearing and improve a hilly area for a backstop.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I don’t have the exact wording but, it goes mostly like this. It is not legal to shoot at any target or mark within 1000’ of any occupied residence. The rounds must stay on the property. There is different wording for hunting.

Now for the down and dirty. If you have enough property to be at least 1000’ from the neighbors and have a good backstop you should be OK. If you are like me and have a close neighbor and they have a private range and use theirs regularly things should work out.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    The 1k feet is the legality of it. But the noise ordinance is the bigger concern. What are your neighbors like? Certain neighbors can be really bad about the noise. If what your shooting is quite you have little if no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom