Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Scotts Gunsmithing

Notices

View Poll Results: 1
1 2 100.00%
2 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #21
bean93x
JamBandGalore

Send a message via AIM to bean93x
I have an old jc higgens 583.20 that needed a hole re-threaded due to my personal screw up , i went down to glen burnie yesterday and stopped by scotts while down there to have chad run a tap through the hole to straighten out the threads. took only a couple minutes and while he worked on that, i browsed the shop. the shop is small but they do have a nice collection of various firearms and the staff is nice.

all in all, he did a great job and i am happy with their services.

Old January 24th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #22
racinghoss
Missing Alaska

I was in Scott's today with my AR that was not seating mags properly and having some issues with FTF's. My friend also wanted to have the sights on his off-duty weapon looked at. Chad took a look at my rifle and quickly assessed the problem and gave me the lowdown. While he was teaching me something, he also let me know about a quick "upgrade" that would make my rifle operate better. Not only did he tell me about the upgrade (a DPMS hammer rather than my RRA hammer), but he quickly retrieved one from the back room and had it installed in minutes. Both problems solved in 10 minutes, and for a much more than fair price, I must say.

The guys also straightened out the sights on my friends Glock just as quickly and just as politely, again for an excellent price.

For that type of customer service, they have earned two loyal customers. Not to mention that they are only a handful of miles from my house - and the prices on the items for sale were pretty good too. I have been in MD for 2.5 years and have not met too many people (especially in customer service) that were as polite, friendly, and helpful as Chad and Scott. Excellent people operating an excellent establishment. They will definitely see more of me in the future.
racinghoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #23
K31
What fresh hell is this?

Thumbs up Another Smooth Transaction

Thanks to Chad and Larry.

Great customer service as always.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #24
GunnyHwy

Scotts Gunsmithing Experience

I screwed up my brand new Ruger MKIII last night trying to disassemble it. I called Scott's and explained the problem. They were very friendly on the phone. I stopped in today and Chad took care of the problem right away and took the time to explain and show me how NOT to screw it up again. He even fixed a scratch that I had managed to put on it already. While I was there I took note of the prices, which I found to be fair and BS'ed with other staff and customers. I would recommend Scott's to anyone in need of a gunsmith or friendly local shop.
GunnyHwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #25
Norton

NRA Endowment Member
Rifleman

Another satisfying experience

Just got to report back to the class on my latest experience working with Scott's and Chad.

I scored a Hell of a deal on a used Series 80 Colt online a while back and, while it was in really good shape for a well used gun, it needed some TLC if it was going to be used for an everyday carry gun.

Chad installed the Trijicon night sights (with requisite bible verse, BTW ), added a new EGW slidestop and firing pin stop, installed a Cylinder and Slide action kit and Wilson beavertail.

Then he really got to work on tuning the gun with a polished feed ramp, throating out the barrel, staking the plunger tube and grip bushings, polishing the top of the barrel and probably about a dozen other things that I'm forgetting.

Not to go all gay for Clandestine or anything, but this guy is a real asset to our community and his commitment to his craft is something to be admired in this era of that particular quality being sorely lacking.

trbon8r and I gave it a shakedown cruise this morning as the snow was rolling in and, even with my numb fingers and hands, the thing was punching one ragged hole.

I'm as tickled as I could be with the final product and Scott's continues to impress me with the level of service and quality of work that I've gotten on numerous occasions there. I've got other projects in store and I know who's doing the work for me.

Thanks Chad.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #26
parbreak

BIG Shout out to Scott's

Stopped by Scott's today to meet up with Chad and give him my AR for the Upper Receiver package and some reliability work. I had some very specific requests and goals for my gun and Chad took the time to really find a package that would fit my needs. He also took the time to explain the work he would be doing and how it benefits the AR.

As always a pleasant experience and Chad is every bit as helpful in person as he has been on this forum.

Bryan Fletcher
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #27
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member

I'm considering this as well. Hopefully this isn't too simple-minded of a question, but would this upgrade package be more or less useful on a brand new upper as compared to a used one?
Boondock Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #28
parbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
I'm considering this as well. Hopefully this isn't too simple-minded of a question, but would this upgrade package be more or less useful on a brand new upper as compared to a used one?
I'll certainly let Chad answer that much better than I could. But my take on it from what Chad showed me was just starting to happen on some of the components on my gun and what can eventually end up happening if left unchecked, is that this work would benefit an AR of almost any amount of use. Much of the work is polishing and rounding off sharp edges which would prevent a new upper from ever encountering the issues and on an older upper would keep them from happening again. The point was really driven home to me when Chad showed me a buffer that was scarred up really bad and how mine was just starting to show evidence of that type of wear.

The quality of work looked so much better in person than pictures on here can really show.
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #29
august1410
Marcas Registradas

My wife and daughter and I stopped in one day (Chad was not there) and we were shocked at how down to earth everyone was. Though I made it clear I was not purchasing anything, the guys let me look at anything, and even let my daughter look at what she was interested in.

I had said in a previous thread that sometimes I did not get a good vibe from some places when I was just browsing. This time around, it was the polar opposite. From the experience I had, I would definitely buy a gun from Scott's.

UPDATE: Chad fixed my shotgun with a rubber mallet!

Seriously, folks....he answered my questions about a stuck bolt on my shotgun and performed a simple fix. Additionally, he explained what had happened in detail so I had an understanding of what I had done.

Chad, it was nice meeting you today! We had a great time. My daughter loved the Python.

Thanks for letting me handle the Peacemaker. That was a real treat. It's not everyday that I get to hold a true classic!

Thanks, too, for giving Bridget the seal of approval. I'll let you know how she shoots very soon!

Last edited by Scott's Gunsmithing; April 18th, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
august1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #30
dwnthehatch
10-32

Positive experience!

I just picked up my new Saiga 12 that I bought there and clandestine converted for me during the 7 day wait. He answered all my questions quickly (and I had alot of questions). I'm glad I made the decision to buy from them!

Here's a pic.

Thanks!
dwnthehatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Scotts Gunsmithing

Tags
ak-47, clandestine, excellent, gunsmithing, repair, scotts gunsmithing, service