• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We ran into a firearms manufacturer that has some really cool stuff but is pretty unknown and doesn't have the customer base yet to support a larger volume of sales. We've discussed possibly retailing their highly customized M&P pistols, and also talked about doing similar options to Glocks.

Retail price would be approx $800, or $875 with stippled grips.

What do you guys think? Pictures and specs below:
    4jf2g.jpg

nqb0y.jpg

2vt9jsz.jpg

30c66fb.jpg

The firearms start new from the factory. The barrels are Titanium Nitrided for a long lasting finish. Slides are lightened to reduce felt recoil and top slide serrations added for additional grip and aesthetics. The firearm is then refinished in Cerakote.

Since they are Cerakoted, there are many options as far as colors go (although they'd have to be done in batches, not singles).

What are your guys' thoughts on the current pistol modifications? Would it be best to go ahead and install an Apex trigger kit from the get-go? I would assume most users buying a pistol such as this would get a new trigger as well.

Honest feedback (good or bad) is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If it doesn't make it more reliable or accurate, it's of no value to me.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    If it doesn't make it more reliable or accurate, it's of no value to me.

It should have quicker followup shots with the slide weight reduction. However reliability and accuracy should remain the same.

Nice lookin M&P but I prefer Glocks and can't afford a new toy anytime soon

It may end up being an option for consumers to send in their own pistol and for approx $400 do all the modifications. If we were to sell that service we'd most likely incorporate in the cost of return labels to allow a user to save on net freight costs since we get a deep Express discount.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I really like the top slide serrations, not sure on the slide lightening and barrel coating though.

I think if you offered the Apex parts as an upgrade, it couldn't hurt. Especially since there's so many variations to be had from Apex. I think the only Apex part that you'd want to do for sure on every M&P is the AEK Trigger, it's much nicer feeling than the hinged plastic factory trigger.

Both of my M&P's have Apex parts in them, and I have to say they really changed how I felt about the guns.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Love the serrations on the slide, would prefer silver barrel instead of the gold.

+1. Not feeling the gold hardware, but titanium blue or some other colors would really make it attractive. I also think a trigger upgrade should be automatic. Either way, I would definitely put a batch up for sale, but would drop the gold tones IMO.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It would be a total waste without the trigger upgrade. Who wants to pay for a balls out custom gun with a mediocre trigger.

I agree, but the problem is - Apex parts can vary in the end result depending on what you have put in.

Hard sear - definitely improves the pull weight/break and reset point, but not much else.

USB - does seem to smooth out the pull, but not much else, IMO.

RAM - a must have by all accounts (where available), the reset feel is not a strong suit with stock M&P's. From my own experience.

AEK Trigger - doesn't bottom out against the stop in the trigger guard, doesn't wiggle like the factory unit either. Also encourages better trigger finger placement.

Then you have the Forward Set Sear, the Duty/Competition kits. There's a lot of options to try and cover. By all means offer them, just don't lock someone into a set configuration.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My gut feeling is that these guys would be best off just selling titanium nitrided barrels - preferably threaded ones. The introduction of the M&P Core is going to make these a much harder sell, IMHO, and I'm not sure I want to pay $800-$875 for a gun with a pre-voided warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom