MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It's always been an underlying point on this forum. Our enemies are among us. That will always be the reason new members are pressed hard. And while not the best policy, it has it's purposes.

I'm not saying blocking access to all posts unless registered will solve the problem, but at least it is a minor roadblock.

No one in the legislature had a clue about "loans" until it gets talked about here

owgriffin

May 15, 2012
    Here, Here

Well said. You covered the territory. I would love to see the stats on gun crimes committed by concealed carry license holders. I do not particularly care about bump stocks, but, it is another gateway law that opens the door to what they really want, which is total confiscation.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I believe they met my wife and son at the HPRB meeting , i was not introduced but my son was teaching them signs (signing)

Next time at the meeting i will stop and say hello to you .

Welcome to MDS all our guest

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Well said. You covered the territory. I would love to see the stats on gun crimes committed by concealed carry license holders.

Exactly. Liberal politicians who've never touched a gun in their life and think they're scary hear about criminals using guns and think "oh, let's just get rid of everyone's guns! Problem solved!" without using their BRAINS for one second to realize criminals don't bother with permits or licenses. I have a feeling the number of concealed carry license holders in any given state who use their firearms to commit a crime is slim to none.

People use their cars to injure and kill people, sometimes even intentionally. Maybe we should ban cars. And knives, people also kill with those. Actually, better ban fists while we're at it too - anyone seen making a fist will be thrown in jail from now on. /s

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Exactly. Liberal politicians who've never touched a gun in their life and think they're scary hear about criminals using guns and think "oh, let's just get rid of everyone's guns! Problem solved!" without using their BRAINS for one second to realize criminals don't bother with permits or licenses. I have a feeling the number of concealed carry license holders in any given state who use their firearms to commit a crime is slim to none.

People use their cars to injure and kill people, sometimes even intentionally. Maybe we should ban cars. And knives, people also kill with those. Actually, better ban fists while we're at it too - anyone seen making a fist will be thrown in jail from now on. /s

Look here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Crime+rate+for+concealed+carry+holders+vs+police

Hope to meet you Monday night. Please plan to join us on the public sidewalks near lawyers mall this Monday night at 7

Duckaneer

Jan 29, 2013
    Here we go again, mandatory sentence is bad for all the lawyers in Annapolis. No crime, no arrest, no defendant, no making the money.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Currently 24 members and 166 guests. They have our playbook.

I know I only have a few posts but mostly I just browse any forum logged out and post minimally. But the idea of someone reading this forum looking for things to get outraged over is sad and pathetic.

Well said. You covered the territory. I would love to see the stats on gun crimes committed by concealed carry license holders. I do not particularly care about bump stocks, but, it is another gateway law that opens the door to what they really want, which is total confiscation.

I don't care about bump stocks either but they have to be defended or we die via the death by a thousand cuts method. You are totally correct here. Who needs facts when we can ban based solely on what looks or feels scary? Give an inch and they will take a mile.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I know I only have a few posts but mostly I just browse any forum logged out and post minimally. But the idea of someone reading this forum looking for things to get outraged over is sad

So please join us on the public sidewalk in front of lawyers mall at 7 pm next Monday and make your voice heard. And count.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I know I only have a few posts but mostly I just browse any forum logged out and post minimally. But the idea of someone reading this forum looking for things to get outraged over is sad and pathetic.

I don't care about bump stocks either but they have to be defended or we die via the death by a thousand cuts method. You are totally correct here. Who needs facts when we can ban based solely on what looks or feels scary? Give an inch and they will take a mile.

We all need to get this straight. Even if you don't care about bump stocks we MUST resist the law that is currently in the pipeline. It has the REAL potential of making any aftermarket trigger or modifications to a trigger illegal. It's a massive over stretch that leaves a gaping hole for broad interpretation and the potential to make many more things than a bump stock illegal.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    We all need to get this straight. Even if you don't care about bump stocks we MUST resist the law that is currently in the pipeline. It has the REAL potential of making any aftermarket trigger or modifications to a trigger illegal. It's a massive over stretch that leaves a gaping hole for broad interpretation and the potential to make many more things than a bump stock illegal.

Some fungus said it earlier -- death by a thousand cuts. Exactly right.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Ahh sh*t, the other shoe dropped. The idiots from Baltimore now want to ban possession of mags holding more then 10 rounds.

Maryland HB 991.

Each mag is a separate crime- so 3 years and/or $5,000 fine per mag means that some of us are going away for a looooooong time.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Ahh sh*t, the other shoe dropped. The idiots from Baltimore now want to ban possession of mags holding more then 10 rounds.

Maryland HB 991.

Each mag is a separate crime- so 3 years and/or $5,000 fine per mag means that some of us are going away for a looooooong time.

I'm sure there's a law enforcement exemption, too, right?

:sad20:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Maryland HB 991.

A law designed to make 100s of thousands of Marylanders (and this is a low ball estimate) who previously have led largely law abiding lives into instant criminals. Doctors, teachers, lawyers, bus drivers, scientists, cooks, nurses, repairmen, IT professionals, and other working stiffs as well as retirees that have done nothing wrong are made into criminals so those that have failed in solving Baltimore's crime problems can pretend that they're doing something.

There is no exception in the bill for detachable mags for 22 caliber rifles (only a tube mag exception). There is no exception for handguns that only come with standard capacity mags that may hold 11 rounds, 12 rounds, etc. Somehow this magical number of 10-round capacity will have an impact on homicides involving guns in Maryland. A state in which one can't purchase mags with greater than a 10-round capacity, and a state where it's an add on crime to commit a crime with a firearm using a magazine with greater than 10-round capacity. So let's make new criminals of those that legally own such mags, after leading them on in previous legislative sessions that the law abiding could keep their property. It is a bill specifically designed to increase crime, not reduce it.

I wonder how much Bloomberg money is being funneled to those that are sponsoring the legislation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Hogan better get his veto pen out.

3 years of doing exactly ZERO for gun owners, and now it's time to step up. This is for all the marbles.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I wonder how much Bloomberg money is being funneled to those that are sponsoring the legislation.

Probably not nearly as much as you'd imagine.

That's the sad part. As gun owners, if we'd just get together and pony up some cash, we could literally BUY these politicians.

If everyone on this board put $500 a year into a state lobbying group that took that money and spread it around to these corrupt democrats, we'd have constitutional carry and NO laws at all.

You can OWN a state legislator for $100k in campaign funding. He'll sell you his mother's soul for that much money.

But we don't do that. And that's why we lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom