• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    There is an indoor Glock match at FreeState Gun Range next week (Nov 8 and Dec 13). It's sanctioned by the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF).

This is a great competition for beginner shooters who have never shot competitively before and want to try. It's also great for experienced shooters who have competed before.

Below is cut and pasted from what FreeState wrote in the "official" thread here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=92728

"FreeState will be holding GSSF matches on October 11, November 8, and December 13. You must be a GSSF member to participate. If you are not a GSSF member but would still like to compete you can sign up here on the day of the match. GSSF yearly membership fees are $35 for a new member and $25 for a member renewing their membership. We will be charging $15 per match to shoot. You must shoot in two out of the three matches to qualify for prizes. The top shooter in each class will receive a plaque. The classes will be determined by the overall score of your best two match scores. Class A will be the top third of scores, Class B will be the middle third of scores, and Class C will be the bottom third of scores. Stay tuned to this thread for more information."

One thing that they don't mention is that I *think* all entrants have a chance to win a free Glock. I think one entrant's name will be drawn at random after the last match, and that person will get a free Glock. That's what was done earlier this year when they had this GSSF match. But I have no ties to FreeState, so you need to check with them to see if this is still the way they are doing it.

7A38

Last edited:

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Intresting. I have never shot a GSSF match.

What kind of prizes are we talking? (Not that I am able to win any, but its nice to dream....)

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Also, I assume by my interpretation of the rules, that I would be shooting unlimited with a G34, fulcrum trigger kit, 14lb recoil spring/stainless guide rod, 22 round mags and flared magwell?

Are all these aftermarket parts allowed or will I have to take it back to stock?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If any component is not or has never been
    available from GLOCK, Inc. or if the firearm has
    been physically modified except as otherwise
    specifically noted below, it is not “stock” and is
    therefore restricted to use in the Amateur and
    Master-Unlimited division only.

45.0 Illegal parts in the “Unlimited” Division:
    1. “Carbine Conversion” units (no shoulder stocks)
    2. Aftermarket metallic replacement frames.
    3. Any conversion kit that does not fire a round
    for which GLOCK manufactures a firearm
    (see section 50.)

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Your pasting says 8th, is it on 8th or 11th of nov? 8th can't do since it's a work day but 11th I would definitely do.

Sorry, it is November 8th (Thursday). I corrected my original post.

The matches are in the evening from 5:00 PM to about closing time (10:00 PM). But, you do not have to be there when they start.

You get there, sign up, they put your name on the list, and they rotate a few shooters at a time to shoot the match. Sometimes you might have to wait a while until they call you.

I think you should get there by about 8:00 or 9:00 at the latest so you can sign up and get registered without any issues.

7A38

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Also, I assume by my interpretation of the rules, that I would be shooting unlimited with a G34, fulcrum trigger kit, 14lb recoil spring/stainless guide rod, 22 round mags and flared magwell?

Are all these aftermarket parts allowed or will I have to take it back to stock?

As davsco said, you would definitely be in the unllimited class. But anyone with a Glock (modified or unmodified) can shoot the match. Even if you don't have a Glock, FreeState will loan you one.

Also, to answer you earlier question, I have no idea what prizes are being offered other than the free gun given away at random. But to qualify for the free gun, you have to enter at least 2 of the 3 match dates. There are only 2 dates left. The first was October 11.

7A38

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Sounds like I may have to try and leave work early and head up there, have a gssf membership but haven't done a match yet. Davesco, you going?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Davesco, you going?

unfortunately not, that's a ways away for me. i've gone with a group of guys down to carolina and georgia though for some outdoor gssf matches.

honestly the uspsa and idpa matches are way more fun, but any shooting is better than no shooting! similar to the gssf match though (no movement) I am doing the steel challenge match at fredericksburg this sunday. room still open if anyone is interested.

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    so anyone shot GSSF before? might make it out there for this, it would be my first one, how many rounds do i need to bring? holster? do i need mag pouches? etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom