• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    They're fun, depending on your proximity to neighbors I'd design some kind of backstop so errant rounds don't go flying into a neighbors yard.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have some old metal frames from political signs in the back of the grass by the woods. coroplast with roof flashing on top, then colored packing tape to hold it together. Me and the boys shoot them with BB or Airsoft. Airsoft allows you to shoot alot including full auto. I sort of prefer the BB though cause you actually aim it. The airsoft we have is not expensive, I think $100. We shoot the biodegradable heavier airsoft BBs from Dicks. The lighter weight Airsoft BBs are not as accurate it seems. If I only have 15 minutes, jumping into the back yards and plinking those spinning targets is a fun. The kids were hot into Airsoft the end of last summer then went cold on it. the first one was a plastic gear crossman pulse That was single shot spring loaded and electric and it lasted 2 weeks before the motor broke. I got another one that was better and had more capacity but electric only. Crossman sent me a brand new one and it's still in the box unopened.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Airsoft can be fun but if you actually want to use something as a trainer and learn how to shoot a pellet gun would be much better.Most pellet guns (not bb) are just as accurate as a .22, they just dont have the range. I learned to shoot with a crosman 1377 pellet pistol and a rws 34 break action rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom