Monumental Rifle and Pistol CMP John C Garand/Springfield/Vintage Matches at AGC

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Come out and join us for the first of a series of 200yard John c Garand Matches at AGC, sponsored by Monumental Rifle and Pistol and open to all.

This is a great opportunity to get your 200 yard zeros before the Eastern games and experience how CMP runs their competition matches.

This will be the first match I'm running so any support is appreciated. I have been hoping to bring more of these matches into the area so that I could start running matches that can sponsor and support M1 for Vets.

This match will meet all CMP marksmanship requirements for purchase and eligibility certificates will be awarded.

Match Program:

Date of Match: Saturday April 7, 2012 July 28, 2012 and December 8, 2012

Sponsored By: Monumental Rifle and Pistol

Location & Directions to the Range: High Power 200 yard Range
    Associated Gun Clubs
    11518 Marriottsville Road
    Baltimore, Maryland 21104

Competition open to: Any eligible competitor. You need not be a member of the NRA, CMP
    or the sponsoring club. All competitors must have a notarized “Eligibility Affidavit and Liability
    Agreement” on file at the sponsoring club or present at registration. For participants over 18 use http://odcmp.com/Competitions/Affidavit.pdf . For participants under 18 use
    http://odcmp.com/Forms/Jr_Release.pdf .

Entry Fee: $20

Entries Close: 8:30 Saturday April 7.

Firing Starts: 9:00 am

Rules: Current Edition of CMP Rules

Course of Fire: Garand/Springfield/Vintage Military Course A. 10 rounds slow fire prone, 10 rounds rapid fire prone, 10 rounds offhand.

Eligible rifles: Any .30 caliber "as issued" U.S. service rifle, M1903 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, M-1 Garand, M1941 Johnson, M-1 Carbine or eligible foreign military rifle. NO "NM" parts, glass bedding or similar modifications will be permitted.

Awards: Gold, Silver and Bronze pins will be awarded using CMP cutoff scores for each class of rifle fired.

General Information: Ammunition will not be provided, any safe ammo can be used. Bring a bag lunch or snack items and something to drink. Soft drinks may be available for purchase during the match at the Barnes range house. It is recommended to wear loose, comfortable clothing appropriate for the outside conditions (i.e. sweater, hat, gloves, sunblock).

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Good to see this posted, Dave!

To anyone who owns a Garand, an 03 Springfield, or an M1 Carbine, this will be a great low-key no-pressure match.
    This is your chance to get that rifle out of the closet, and put it through its paces.

Just bring:

- your rifle,

- at least 35 rounds of ammo,

- at least two clips or magazines,

- something to lie on, like a mat or scrap of carpet,

and most important :

You need that Liability form, and it has to be notarized!

All competitors must have a notarized “Eligibility Affidavit and Liability
    Agreement” on file at the sponsoring club or present at registration. For participants over 18 use http://odcmp.com/Competitions/Affidavit.pdf . For participants under 18 use
    http://odcmp.com/Forms/Jr_Release.pdf .

I'm sorry, but it's a CMP rule, and this is an official CMP match.

Just print out the form, and get it notarized at any UPS Store, Copy Center, or Mailboxes- R- Us type place. Some banks still do it, but I know BB&T and some others refuse to.

But please, get the form notarized, and bring it along.

This match will be a great opportunity, especially for a lot of people who have a rifle gathering dust, and no chance to shoot it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Say, what is an
    eligible foreign military rifle.
    ?

I never heard that one. Does it have to be a foreign rifle issued to Americans, like some Mosins were?

What makes a foreign rifle eligible for CMP matches?

Keystone

May 29, 2009
    Say, what is an ?

I never heard that one. Does it have to be a foreign rifle issued to Americans, like some Mosins were?

What makes a foreign rifle eligible for CMP matches?

It has to be in "as-issued" configuration only. Same as the Garands or 03's. No requirement that it was issued to Americans.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Does it have to be .30?

I can't believe the John C. Garand match is open to essentially any foreign military rifle. Swedish Mausers? Swiss K11s and K31s?

The term "eligible foreign military rifle" implies some are ineligible.

Keystone

May 29, 2009
    There are three CMP "as issued" matches.

The John C. Garand match for M1's

The Springfield match for the 03's and 03A3's

and the Vintage Military match for everthing else (M1917's, mausers, SMLE's Mausers, K31's, M-N's etc.). Basically any manually operated general issue military rifle. No caliber restriction.

These three matches use the same course of fire at 200 yards. At the club level, it is common to run the three matches concurrently with competitors competing in the match for the rifle they are shooting. It's always great to see someone show up with something strange (like a Ross) and totally clean house.

Ineligible rifles? Leave the FAL's and AK's at home for this one.

There are other as issued CMP matches (M1 Carbine and Vintage sniper) that use other courses of fire.

CMP rules here.

Local clubs tend to be flexible in their application to encourage the widest possible participation.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    There are three CMP "as issued" matches.

The John C. Garand match for M1's

The Springfield match for the 03's and 03A3's

and the Vintage Military match for everthing else (M1917's, mausers, SMLE's Mausers, K31's, M-N's etc.). Basically any manually operated general issue military rifle. No caliber restriction.

These three matches use the same course of fire at 200 yards. At the club level, it is common to run the three matches concurrently with competitors competing in the match for the rifle they are shooting. It's always great to see someone show up with something strange (like a Ross) and totally clean house.

Ineligible rifles? Leave the FAL's and AK's at home for this one.

There are other as issued CMP matches (M1 Carbine and Vintage sniper) that use other courses of fire.

CMP rules here.

Local clubs tend to be flexible in their application to encourage the widest possible participation.

This pretty much sums it up.

Each class of rifle will compete independently and CMP cutoff scores will be used for all medals. I will try to segregate the bolt action shooters if possible... if not, we will all fire under the bolt action time limit.

Any Notary's out there who are shooters who might want to attend? I'll waive your fee if you can do notary on site....:D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Do we have all the gear we'll need in the pits? Pasters and markers and such?

How about a pair of walkie talkies to communicate between the line and the pits?

If we don't have walkie talkies, I can bring two tin cans and some string.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    It was, now it's not, working to figure out why.....:D

Not an unsual occurrence. The AGC calendar is not the most reliable. I always get screen prints so I can argue later with the webmaster and those that administer the calendar.

Patty has had similar things with Women On Target and we have had issues with the classes we schedule for B&S Personal Safety and Firearms Education, LLC.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Looks like we will have a notary available onsite for the liability forms. (thank you women on target)

If you can do it in advance that would make it easier for everyone, but at the minimum try to print the form and bring it out with you.

DO NOT SIGN THE FORM UNTIL THE NOTARY SAYS SO.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Glad one of the Monumental Women could help you out!

I got off my butt and sent in for the stamp just in case! It may be here by April 7th, but I did not want to promise!

In any case, we will have a club notary from now on!

Get those shooters signed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom