• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker2

Disgruntled Pygmy
    Jan 10, 2008
    Bel Air
    Because they're NOT "toys".... If it weren't for the NRA fighting against legislators to lump them in with "traditional" firearms, they would be regulated as well.... BB guns/ air rifles ARE NOT toys, and all kids (and adults) should be taought to respect them just the same as other firearms....

Parenting, parenting, parenting, and people like Mason Dixon Baseball teaching children about firearm safety eliminate the problem.

Of course we are in Maryland and the populace overwhelmingly votes ****tard so we are left with orange tips. (I hear a shot of amoxicillen cures it)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've got a P226 and P220 and I can't tell the difference. If I'm a cop in your house for some reason (wrong address on the search warrant, for instance) and I see you even motion towards that thing, you're getting shot.

And what makes you assume that I would motion for any weapon if an officer was in my house on official business or for that matter why would you assume it would be laying around in the first place?

That bb gun is treated the same way as every other "real" firearm in my house in regards to safety and proper storage so it's really not any more likely to get anyone shot than any of the other pistols, rifles, shotguns, here.

It's not the firearm that causes the problem, it's the improper usage and care of that firearm that causes the problem and since you can't regulate away stupidity or bad intent, all the orange paint in the world isn't going to do a damn thing.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And didn't John Dillenger pull a jailbreak with a bar of soap and shoe polish ?

Only the military and police should bathe , or have shiny shoes.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    off topic posts removed and infractions issued for insults.

Gremlin73

May 8, 2012
    Mechanicsville
    I realize they aren't toys, but they're not really lethal weapons, either. Well, at least no more than a baseball bat or carving knife is. I can remember, as a kid, having "wars" with BB guns, where we'd wear goggles plus several layers of clothing and we'd shoot each other, with out any permanent damage. (The brain damage evident in my posts is due to your standard, run of the mill retardation.)

How much trouble would it be to make them completely orange or pink to eliminate accidents and robberies? On one hand, this is a form of pseudo-gun control, but I'd sure hate to pop someone who was only armed with one of these things. I'm sure it's 10 times more of a concern for cops.

You've never seen a painted gun? A police officer who doesn't take any weapon as being real is taking his life in his own hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom