• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I realize they aren't toys, but they're not really lethal weapons, either. Well, at least no more than a baseball bat or carving knife is. I can remember, as a kid, having "wars" with BB guns, where we'd wear goggles plus several layers of clothing and we'd shoot each other, with out any permanent damage. (The brain damage evident in my posts is due to your standard, run of the mill retardation.)

How much trouble would it be to make them completely orange or pink to eliminate accidents and robberies? On one hand, this is a form of pseudo-gun control, but I'd sure hate to pop someone who was only armed with one of these things. I'm sure it's 10 times more of a concern for cops.

How about people not point realistic guns at people or use them in a threatening manner and there wont be a problem. I know its just too hard to be reasonable. :rolleyes:

How about bad guys paint their REAL 9mm Glocks with orange paint and then people will hesitate to defend themselves, well because it CANT be real, it has an orange tip. :rolleyes:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    You probably wouldn't like my replica Sig BB gun as it's about as realistic as it gets. Functions just like the real deal. The CO2 cartridge and bb's go in the magazine. Heck, it even locks the slide back when empty.

It's been a great training tool for my daughters as the safety features and blowback action function just like the real thing. With that being said, it could without a doubt get you shot if you were careless enough to carry it like some idiot.

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
      IMAG0032.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 198

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    How about people not point realistic guns at people or use them in a threatening manner and there wont be a problem. I know its just too hard to be reasonable. :rolleyes:

How about bad guys paint their REAL 9mm Glocks with orange paint and then people will hesitate to defend themselves, well because it CANT be real, it has an orange tip. :rolleyes:

Clandestine and I agree on something!:thumbsup:

I think I'm going to paint my own tip orange so's I can run down the wife before she realizes it's the real...

:lol:

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    You'll shoot your eye out!!!

Because they're NOT "toys".... If it weren't for the NRA fighting against legislators to lump them in with "traditional" firearms, they would be regulated as well.... BB guns/ air rifles ARE NOT toys, and all kids (and adults) should be taought to respect them just the same as other firearms....

A Christmas Story comes to mind.:lol: On a serious note. Handgun basic safety must be recognized with the above as well as paint ball.

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Valid point!

I guess I never paid attention to these things, but on my last Walmart visit, I was shocked to see how realistic BB guns have become with respect to real handguns. While I understand that the realism adds to the training value and fun factor of the BB gun, I'm certain that, in a fight scenario, I would not be able to pick up the reduced diameter of the barrel before I unloaded. How come they don't have orange ends like toy guns?

bb_gun_final2.jpg

FYI- You can complain all you want. I can only speak for myself but this forum is great for difference of opinion. Like the other post you had about Free State. At least I think it was you. It's all good. I'm glad we have folks on here that have keen obsevation skills.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Orange tips are supposed to be on any import replicas. They are not (local laws vary) necessary for sale. You do not need to keep an orange tip on them.

Treat them like the real thing; I work at a cqb arena and we require players to have reduced the power of their replicas before they can play. Even at our reduced levels they have enough power to take an eye out. We require people to bring them in boxed or bagged. (even though long gun oc is okay! teehee)

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, because a plastic orange tip solves that problem..... as long as we also ban black paint.

Ok, I stand corrected. We should make toy guns look as close to the genuine article as possible, because measures like fluorescent orange tips are pointless for identification purposes. Besides, anybody who has one of these toys in the presence of a police officer deserves to be shot. Gotcha.

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Re:

You probably wouldn't like my replica Sig BB gun as it's about as realistic as it gets. Functions just like the real deal. The CO2 cartridge and bb's go in the magazine. Heck, it even locks the slide back when empty.

It's been a great training tool for my daughters as the safety features and blowback action function just like the real thing. With that being said, it could without a doubt get you shot if you were careless enough to carry it like some idiot.

I've got a P226 and P220 and I can't tell the difference. If I'm a cop in your house for some reason (wrong address on the search warrant, for instance) and I see you even motion towards that thing, you're getting shot.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Ok, I stand corrected. We should make toy guns look as close to the genuine article as possible, because measures like fluorescent orange tips are pointless for identification purposes. Besides, anybody who has one of these toys in the presence of a police officer deserves to be shot. Gotcha.

OK, you start off with the ridiculous premise that orange tips will save a potential suicide, and when I call you on it, you get butthurt and move to an even more ridiculous idea.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    OK, you start off with the ridiculous premise that orange tips will save a potential suicide, and when I call you on it, you get butthurt and move to an even more ridiculous idea.

I think this one and kingofcynasdlfjaf was seperated at birth.

They share the same "debating" logic and tactics.

Not Disapproved...how many SW do you plan on completing? None...I thought so. No one cares what you'd do as you play police in your mind.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I realize they aren't toys, but they're not really lethal weapons, either.

They are lethal in that...If you pull one of the those on me and I was carrying, you would get a ..45 in the chest which I am sure would be lethal.

All this of momma screaming "It was only a toy gun. You killed my baby.".
    ********, if your son pulled that on me attempting to threaten and scare me as if it is the real thing, then he got everything coming to him.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I've got a P226 and P220 and I can't tell the difference. If I'm a cop in your house for some reason (wrong address on the search warrant, for instance) and I see you even motion towards that thing, you're getting shot.

Of course. Why the hell would somebody motion toward a realistic looking toy gun in that situation? I don't understand how you immediately make the leap from "posession of toy gun" to "deserves to be shot". There's an important step in between there, which is using the realistic toy gun in a threatening manner.

You can't go to a shooting range and differentiate between the people who are target shooting, and ones that are using their weapons in a threatening manner that would justify deadly force in self defense? WTF?? Get your head checked, dude.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Because they're NOT "toys".... If it weren't for the NRA fighting against legislators to lump them in with "traditional" firearms, they would be regulated as well.... BB guns/ air rifles ARE NOT toys, and all kids (and adults) should be taought to respect them just the same as other firearms....

exactlly!, no need for me to say it again, but they are NOT TOYS. air rifles deserve to be treated exactlly the same as you AR or .44MAG. my children don't use thiers w/o supervision.

and on a side note, if someone is threatening you with a look alike BBgun, and you defend yourself with deadly force......perp deserves what they get.

john

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom