• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Maryland Appleseed Thread 2012
    That's right folks..We've STILL got a country to save.. A Nation of Rifleman is our goal... We need YOU to make it happen... Sign up links are NOW HOT for the first Maryland Appleseeds of 2012!

Who: YOU
    What: Appleseed
    When: Sat -Sun: Jan 21-22; Feb 18-19; March 17-18; April 14-15; May 19-20 (Ladyseed- Ladies Only); Sept 15-16, Oct 13-14, Nov 3-4, Dec 8-9
    Where: Anne Arundel Fish and Game Assc Annapolis, MD
    Why: To attempt to earn the coveted "Rifleman" designation!
    To hear the history that they don't teach to our kids anymore...it's one we ALL need to hear!

Link is hot for online sign up: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=MD&statename=Maryland

For Facebook Users: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Appleseed-Maryland/264406060313831

These events will be 22LR ONLY!!!
    Slots are limited to 15 per class, so don't delay in signing up. These classes sell out quick, so sign up NOW to assure your spot on the line!

Active duty, reserve and guard military shoot for $5 ! Law enforcement $5 ! Kids 21 and under = $5 per child for entire weekend, Women = $10
    for the entire weekend
    All others see prices online. Sign-up MUST be done online.
    Everybody including the "free" shooters listed above, MUST be signed up online.

NOTE: IF you have a Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC) sign up as a FREE shooter at the link, and then present your ROC card at check in..

See the links for the REST of the important details...

http://www.rwva.org/
    Check out this site to learn more, what to bring, recommended equipment.
    Also check the forums linked there, including info on how to set up a Liberty Training Rifle. :

Important Notes for 2012

1): WINTERSEED... a special patch for shooters who earn their
    Rifleman designation when the ave temp is below 40 deg and/or
    inclement weather is present below a certain temp.. If earning your
    Rifleman badge isn't ENOUGH for you, oh kindred spirits of
    Vasily Zaitsev or Simo Hayha, and you want to conquer mother nature
    as well, here's your chance for the ultimate bragging rights! No joke here.. It ain't easy and only a select few have what it takes... Are you one of them?

2): Think you can get a group of 10-15 shooters together for two or
    even ONE day of shooting? PM me with 6-8 weeks notice, and odds are
    in your favor that you may be able to set up YOUR OWN Appleseed!
    This is a great option for you scout troop leaders,
    home schoolers, work or civic groups or associations, etc., etc.,
    to learn to shoot, hear the story, and keep the tradition alive...
    Let me know your groups needs, and we WILL make it work for you.. THIS OFFER STILL STANDS for 2012!

3): Do you belong to a gun club or know of a friendly landowner who has
    25 meters with a natural backstop? Man do I want to talk to you!
    PM me to help keep this fully insured program growing and
    spreading the history and marksmanship tradition that made this
    country great! We can't do this alone folks, we need like minded folks
    to "get off the couch" and help us again, become a Nation of Rifleman. THIS IS STILL A DESPERATE NEED FOR 2012! We can't save this nation without YOUR help!

For those unfamiliar with the program, here's a link to the previous years Appleseed threads, chock full of advice, info, FAQ's and their answers..
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=33762 and http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=46294

Finally, THANK YOU MD Shooters and Congratulations to all attendees, Rifleman, and Cooks who are working towards becoming Rifleman, who helped make 2010, 2011 and 2012 Appleseed in Maryland a reality and amazing success!

Special Thanks to Anne Arundel Fish & Game Assc (AAFG) for being the ONLY club in the state to open their doors to Appleseed in an effort to help save our nation! Where's the rest of you guys?... Buehler.? Buehler..? crickets...
    BeSwift

Last edited:

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Is a 15 shot Marlin 60 (tube feed) an appropriate .22 to use at the Annapolis Appleseed class?

While a detachable magazine rifle is preferred, a tube fed WILL work for the course of fire. Don't let gear stop you from coming.. in a pinch, loaner gear (including rifles) are available, if we know in advance...

See you on the line and bring someone with you if you can! :thumbsup:
    BeSwift

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm going to sign up with my daughter for the March Event :) She has the Marlin (I'd like her to shoot with her own gun that she is familiar with), I will be bringing a magazine feed loaner from my cousin or brother for myself. We live about 15 minutes from that range :)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Anyone who hasn't attended an Appleseed is missing out. I've driven to PA before they were offering these here in AACo.
    I've also had the pleasure of attending on of Brian's classes.
    You will not regret it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    How good do I need to be to make it worth my while to bring my 10-22 and head down?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Ok, I signed up for the February shoot. I signed up for both days but my ticket only printed for one. Swift, any way to verify that I'm signed up for both days?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Ok, I signed up for the February shoot. I signed up for both days but my ticket only printed for one. Swift, any way to verify that I'm signed up for both days?

I'll make sure you're good to go... See you on the line.. Dress WARM... BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Update 1/3/12

January Class SOLD OUT
    Feb Class Some Spots left
    March Class A few spots left
    April Class Some Spots left

Sign up now, else you might find yourself waiting til Fall for the next group of classes... (unless I can get another range on board :innocent0)...
    http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=MD&statename=Maryland
    Don't miss YOUR chance at that coveted Winterseed designation...

IF you find yourself wanting to go last minute to ANY of these shoots, email or PM me on up to the minute status on cancellations or no-shows..

Finally, RUMOR HAS IT that there might be a Ladyseed (women only), coming this Spring.. So let your better half's know now, cause once it's officallyannounced, the class will sell out quickly. We're importing female instructors for this one. I predict a LARGE number of Rifleman badges being earned at this class...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and YES there's a lot of amazing history of ladies who made a difference and huge sacrifices at Battle Road that will be imparted to the students at this class.. Stay tuned for specifics coming soon...

BeSwift

calpwm

Sep 17, 2010
    I'll be at AAFG for the Jan 21-22 shoot. But if the weather keeps up like it has we won't be even close to a winterseed =]

Also did the deal with the RWVA membership to shoot for free until I get my patch. New .22LR shooter. Got a Remington 597, added swivel mounts and just floated the barrel, also picked up a barska plinker scope. Trying to get it sighted in at On Target one of these days and get more familiar with the rifle. Hope to come away with better understanding of our history and become a better marksman.

Also hoping to come away with a sponsor to AAFG since it's literally 3 miles from my house =]

Looking forward to it!

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    I'll be at AAFG for the Jan 21-22 shoot. But if the weather keeps up like it has we won't be even close to a winterseed =]

Also did the deal with the RWVA membership to shoot for free until I get my patch. New .22LR shooter. Got a Remington 597, added swivel mounts and just floated the barrel, also picked up a barska plinker scope. Trying to get it sighted in at On Target one of these days and get more familiar with the rifle. Hope to come away with better understanding of our history and become a better marksman.

Also hoping to come away with a sponsor to AAFG since it's literally 3 miles from my house =]

Looking forward to it!

1) Bring your print out registration receipt with you so that I can issue you a membership/Rifleman Opportunity Card upon arrival.

2) Do yourself a favor and make sure that your rifle barrel/chamber areas are squeaky clean for the class. If you can determine which ammo your rifle uses most reliably, that would be benefit also. (CCI is almost always best, albeit more expensive) Appleseed REALLY tests the reliability of rifles...

3) We'll talk about AAFG over the weekend.

See you on the line! :thumbsup: BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    JANUARY SHOOTERS! REMINDER

Class is now 36 hrs away.

The Good News: The weather forecast indicates that this class is highly likely to qualify for the coveted Winterseed designation..if YOU do your part.

The Semi-OK News: The weather forecast indicates snow/sleet in the AM and possible rain later. The firing line IS covered..:thumbsup:

THE CLASS WILL GO ON, AS LONG AS 2 OR MORE STUDENTS SHOW UP. IT WILL NOT BE CANCELLED SHORT OF A LIFE OR DEATH EMERGENCY. We're serious about saving our country, irregardless of weather... you can bank on it...:thumbsup:

Helpful Tips: 1) Dress warmly in many layers.. 2) Bring a ground mat..
    3) Bring a thermos of warm beverage. 4) Bring whatever you need to keep your rifle running.. we're gonna send a LOT of rounds downrange...

See Ya'll On The Line! Class starts at 8.30AM SHARP
    BeSwift

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom