• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    Looking to get into this. Have 3 guys willing but none of us have the experience. we all own the weapons just need the know how. is this a match we can go watch a few people and pick up on it? thanks!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Looking to get into this. Have 3 guys willing but none of us have the experience. we all own the weapons just need the know how. is this a match we can go watch a few people and pick up on it? thanks!

i'd email the match director just to be sure they allow folks who haven't done this before. i think the answer is 'yes' but you should check.

this is a ton of fun and you don't need a bunch of experience to do it. the biggest thing is safety - finger off trigger unless shooting, muzzle always pointing downrange, etc.

if your first time, leave all your guns (unloaded) in bags or cases until you talk with a RO (range officer) who will walk you thru loading and getting ready. at each stage let the RO there know you're the new guys and they should let you go last or at least not first so you can get the hang of things.

pretty sure you can find some videos of past events on youtube.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I'm not sure how to interpret that. I was thinking an answer might go like this...

100 rds pistol
    100 rds rifle
    25 rds of #8 shot
    10 rds of slug

Then again, this could just be my ignorance.

Damn auto correct.

150 of each.

It depends of how your team shoots the stages. You may shoot more of one gun then your team mates.

150 is just a good safe number

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    Standard 3 Gun matches its usually good to bring 100 Pistol and Riffle and 60-75 Shotgun, last time it was seven stages and if you like to get your gun on like me, bring 200 pistol and riffle and 100 shotgun.

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    well mailed out my teams money and registration... Itll be the first time we have all shot together butIm sure itll be a blast!
    Lets hear it for team Nobody

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    Most of our crew is tied up this week with the FNH-3 Gun Nation Event out in WV. As soon as I get the stages and exact round counts, I'll post them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom