• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3Gunner

Oct 3, 2009
    Hello,

Some of you may remember me from the LRGC zombie shoot. I was the platoon leader for the Maryland crew.

I am the AMD for USPSA pistol and multi-gun at Topton fish and game.

http://www.toptonfga.org/IPSC.html

We will be hosting a Zombie shoot the third weekend in June. Here is a brief overview of the event as posted by the match director on another forum.

The 3rd weekend in June Topton Rod and Gun Club will be holding a 3 man team zombie shoot. This match will consist of a minimum of 6 stages. All of the stages will require each team member to use his or her firearm.(i.e. all shooting stages) The stages will consist of relay type stages where one shooter at a time shoots, then tags in the next shooter until all 3 shooters have shot his or her targets. And also stages that all 3 shooters will shoot at the same time in a rolling thunder type stage. Each shooter will be required to have a pistol, rifle, and each team will need at least two shotguns. ( pistols iron sights no comps, rifle anythigng goes, shotgun 9 round max no comps or optics. This is to make it as fair as possible for everyone. The stages are still in the preliminary stages of development but we are expecting each shooter to need a min of 100 pistol , 100 rifle and 50-75 shotgun. These numbers may grow. Our ranges allow us to shoot to 100 yards on two bays, 200 on one bay and 50 on 3 bays. Entry will be 60 per man or 180 per team. We will start taking entries early in 2010. I have already contacted DPMS and they are confirmed as a Sponser as well as many others. I plan on doing some random drawings for prizes as well as doing a payout for place finishes. If I can fill the match I hope tp payout 2500-3500 in cash.
    We run many tactical and 3 gun matches at this club. Ask around our matches run smoothly and payout is always generous.
    Targets will consist of zombie targets and knock down steel as well as some stationary clays for the shotgun.
    email me at
    tapsmd@toptonfga.org
    thanks
    dean

I hope to see some of the Maryland crew at our match.

Matt

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    We've done 3-man team shoots at the York IWLA and they are a blast. Dean, Matt and the crew at Topton always put on great matches and I would expect this to be no different.

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    Archangel and I are in. We are tracking down our third who is most likely cruising the snow covered unplowed side streets in his 4X4 hoping to rescue a car full of hot chicks!

JT

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'll throw my name out their to jump on someone's team that needs a team mate for this one, as long as I don't have any scheduling conflicts with the date chosen.... I don't have a shottie but might by then..

Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Todd, I would be proud to shoot with you! A couple guys have contacted me already, and if things don't work out with them, I will be in touch.

The date is June 20, apparently.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Todd, I would be proud to shoot with you! A couple guys have contacted me already, and if things don't work out with them, I will be in touch.

The date is June 20, apparently.

Cool let me know, I should be able to make that date without problem. :thumbsup:

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I’m a complete novice at team, practical shooting, but would love to get involved. Any other novices want to team up and give it a try?

3Gunner

Oct 3, 2009
    Here is another update from the match director...........

Here is all the registration info for the match.
    I have expanded the match to seven stages. (all seven will be shooting stages).
    Each stage will have a time limit of between 180 and 220 seconds to make sure we can get all the teams done in decent light.
    Check in starts at 8
    Shooters briefing will be at 8:30
    Shooting starts at 9
    I will post more info soon.

Email me at tapsmd@toptonfga.org
    Give me a list of your team members and a team name. I will email you a confirmation. Once you get the confirmation you will get my address and your team can send me ONE check for the entire team.
    This will hold your teams spot.
    I will also try and meet all squadding requests in case more than one team want to shoot together in the same squad.
    I have to limit the match to about 70 teams so the sooner you register the better. We will shoot on sunday the 20th, with room for a few teams on Saturday.
    I will be offering free entry into the match for the staff. The entire team has to be staff members and all should have experience being ro's at matches prior to the match. All ro's will shoot Saturday. We will finish set-up sat morning and then shoot the match. Staff will also be expected to assist with tear down Sunday when shooting is over. Food will be available at the clubhouse, but we will not have much time to eat, since we must defeat the zombies before we rest.
    Any questions please feel free to email me.
    thanks
    Dean

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    Dean,

Registration email inbound your position. Can you post directions and lodging options? Also how are you scoring, USPSA rules or Outlaw?

Thanks,

JT

ETA, I would suggest to anyone who wants to attend and has not shot a 3gun match shoot one or two before the 3 man 3 gun (there are not many around that I know of other than Quantico). Even an IPSC match would be helpful to learn range commands etc...

3Gunner

Oct 3, 2009
    JT,

I missed your question about scoring in the last post.

We will be using time plus. Any hits outside of the "A" zone will add time to your score.

3Gunner

Oct 3, 2009
    For those that are new to 3-gun and would like to get their feet wet before the Zombie match, Dean and I would like to gauge interest in an intro to 3-gun class.

If enough people are interested we would be willing to put on a class either at a club that is local to the MD crew or in the Lehigh Valley area of PA.

Some of the topics would include:

- Basic range commands.
    - Gear(weapon selection, shotgun speed loaders, optics, etc).
    - Stage strategies for 3 man teams.
    - We would also set up several practice stages that shooters can run through in order to become familiar with the flow of a match and get used to running with a 3 man team.

Please e-mail me at Tapsamd@toptonfga.org if this is something that would interest everyone.

If there is enough of a response we can discuss dates and location.

Matt

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I think I probably understand 3-gun pretty well, but I'd end up going to the course anyway!

And, btw, this location is very convenient to a whole bunch of us, hosts action shoots regularly, and is still in your state, so must be at least a bit convenient for you.

http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.org/index.html

3Gunner

Oct 3, 2009
    I think I probably understand 3-gun pretty well, but I'd end up going to the course anyway!

And, btw, this location is very convenient to a whole bunch of us, hosts action shoots regularly, and is still in your state, so must be at least a bit convenient for you.

http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.org/index.html

That's actually one of the locations we are considering. It's a great club and centrally located.

I've shot several team 3-gun matches at York and they also run one hell of a monthly pistol match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom