• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdman

Aug 21, 2007
    denver
    About a year ago I went to a really great skeet range. It was my first time and I had allot of fun. I would like to go back but I have forgotten the name of the place and where it is. I remember that it was off of good luck road...I think. The range had a gun shop and something I guess you would call a lodge. Any one know of the place I am talking about?

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    PG is a great range, if you buy books of tickets its like 3.80 a game, and if you run out of shells theirs aren't overpriced. I'm up there every couple weeks with Bunnielab and Tetraptous, we normally shoot skeet. Let me know if you're heading out that way, I live nearby and always love a game.

Mdman

Aug 21, 2007
    denver
    thanks, ive only shot trap so far but I would like to see if my nova and me can shoot skeet.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    thanks, ive only shot trap so far but I would like to see if my nova and me can shoot skeet.

they have a 28" barrel requirement, but as long as you meet that I'm sure it will be fine, I know plenty of guys who even use pump guns for skeet so an auto is at least better than that. A skeet choke is nice but not required, Cylinder or Improved Cylinder will do the job (skeet is a step between the two if I recall correctly) but I've seen guys use tighter plenty of times, its especially nice if you like seeing the clay disintegrate into a puff of smoke rather than just shatter.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Are there any skeet/trap ranges in Harford county?

Not that I am aware of but I go to Baltimore County Game and Fish on Thursday night in Carney if you care to go shoot some trap. It's open to the public on Thursday nights so if any of you want to get together just PM me.

bulabula

Nov 27, 2007
    Millersville, MD
    Anyone shooting skeet/trap this month sometime? I've even got some tickets left over from PG County that are burning a hole in my shooting jacket......

I've never shot at Loch Raven at night, do they play red-bird?

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Are there any skeet/trap ranges in Harford county?
    Yes,
    Harvey's Cedar Gun Club (Open to the Public,Trap Only, Machines can be set for Straight, Doubles & Wobblers)
    Harvey's is located on Poole Rd. off Rte. 1 in Darlington. I 've Shot alot there in the past, at that time the cost was $3.50 a Squad Member.
    http://www.shootata.com/
    http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=250025

Also, Edgewood Arsenal, Shot there many times in the past too. They offer both, Trap & Skeet, way back when the cost was $2.00 a Squad Member. Keep in mind this was way before 9-11, I could drive on Post with Shotgun racked in the back window of my Pkup, but that was then.
    I would contact the Post & see what present day Rules & Regulations are!!!
    http://www.apg.army.mil/apghome/sites/local/

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Thread revival here. I'm going to be going to PG Trap and Skeet with a friend soon. Can anyone tell me if they have any restrictions on the shells you can shoot there? Velocity wise.

JRSpicer426

Dec 11, 2007
    Nothing larger than #7.5 target shells. They do have a patterning board up on range 2 occasionally but never see anyone there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom