• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    2009 LRGC Zombie Shoot..*GSG-AK Raffle Update 9/7

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

We will be hosting our second annual Zombie Shoot on Saturday, October 24th 2009 at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club in Northampton Township, Bucks County PA. Here is our initial infomercial on the shoot:

2009 Zombie Shoot Video

We have spent time listening to what you want in a Zombie Shoot and what you don't. Here are three of the major things we learned from your comments:

1. You do not like long lines and long waits between shooting evolutions.
    2. You want and expect the range staff to be into the theme of the shoot.
    3. You like theatrics and expect all the shooting evolutions should reflect the theme.

Well we heard you at LRGC!

To deal with the lines, we will be limiting the number of shooters at this event. This way we can better manage the flow of the event and limit the waiting. As to our staff and their commitment to the theme, well hopefully the video above gives you a peak into how we plan on running this event. Due to the success of last year's shoot, we have doubled our budget for props, targets and "theatrics" this year. We will also have a prizes for best zombie hunter outfit and best zombie hunting couple. So feel free to bring along your significant other. I'll have more details on this later.

I will post information in this thread as soon as our registration is open. So please check back periodically. We will be requiring pre-registration for this shoot and there will be no walk-on's permitted. Once we sell out, you will be placed on a waiting list. So my suggestion is don't snooze on the registration if this type of shoot is of interest to you.

For those traveling from out of town, we will be working with local hotels in the area to offer discounts to shoot participants. More on that later. For those planning to fly in, either Phila or Newark airports would be suggested. We will have food & drink available for purchase. For safety reasons, alcohol is not permitted on the premises.

If you have any questions please feel free email me at lastdefender@aol.com Also, if you are a vendor and interested in setting up a table at this shoot let me know.

Get Ready...They're Coming,

Gary

zombieposter_2009_11.jpg

Last edited:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I almost made the plunge last year, I think I'm gunna have to fight for a spot this year!!! Very cool idea and the vid just puts it over the top. Ever think about doing it both days that weekend?

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Friends,

We are working on the shooting evolutions over the next two months. For those who have been to our events, I suspect the round counts will be similar (120 rifle, 20 or so pistol 20 or so shotgun.) We like to shoot at LRGC! This year we will be introducing a shotgun stage (this was missing last year). I would estimate the cost being in the $75.00 range. Discounts will be given to current LRGC members.

This will not be run as a typical three gun event although you will use rifle, shotgun and pistol. There will be no individual scoring, instead, you will need to "survive"! This event is run as a shoot and not a competition. So if you want a fun day shooting with fellow enthusiasts, then we'll see you on the 24th of October. If you are looking for a numeric score then consider coming to one of our monthly shoots held on the last Saturday of the month.

Happy Fourh of July All!

Gary

Regards,
    Gary

Last edited:

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    UPDATE

UPDATE 7/23/09

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

We are planning to open up registration on August 24th. I will post the link to this thread when it's open. Unlike the DPMS event is St. Cloud, we will have a limited number of shooting spots available. The reason for the delay on registration is the overwhelming response from those wanting to provide sponsorship, door and raffle prizes etc. So the delay has allowed us to provide more cool stuff for you!

Take Care,
    Gary

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Update:

I have just spoken with our Vendor Relations/Prize Chairman. We have over $5000.00 in merchandise so far on our prize table and we're not done yet!

Regards,
    Gary

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Fellow Zombie Hunters,

I thought it might be nice to let you in on some of the prizes that await you from our generous sponsors. Feast your eyes on this from DPMS!

DPMS.jpg

This is a beautiful M4 upper complete with bolt carrier and charging handle.

See you in October....

Gary

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Fellow Zombie Hunters,

I thought it might be nice to let you in on some of the prizes that await you from our generous sponsors. Feast your eyes on this from DPMS!

This is a beautiful M4 upper complete with bolt carrier and charging handle.

See you in October....

Gary
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom