• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    My Brand New Bride was there, too.

Two targets, 400-ish yards. No prone allowed. Time limit 40 seconds. Starts when you step on the rock.

She's a keeper. :party29:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Final stage of steel challenge at DPFNG. Was literally one round short at the stop plate. Lended two of my mags to a certain based patriot and only had two to work with.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Finally got to a match after being out of commission (work) for 6 weeks. This was the monthly USPSA match at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick, MD.
    Insert excuses here: So I got there late due to traffic getting out of Columbia. I was flustered for the first stage (the classifier) and totally bombed it. (dropped a mike) Plus it was my first match with this new Limited set up. And I had a FTF which cost me a stage win. Excuses complete.

I came 2nd in Limited and 3rd over all.

Stage 1: Classifier 99-08. 8th over all with a time of 8.64, HF 4.6296, 8A, 2C, 1D, 1M.
    Stage 2: Stage win with a time of 7.52, HF 9.7074, 13A, 2C (not shown. Forgot to turn on camera. I always seem to forget the camera on my best runs)
    Stage 3: 3rd over all with a time of 12.94, HF 8.4235, 15A, 1B, 7C, 1D (failure to feed cost me a second which dropped me from 1 to 3 on the stage)
    Stage 4: 3rd over all with a time of 9.58, HF 8.0376, 13A, 3C

It was a nice relaxed match to get me back and motivated to put the work in with new Limited rig. Lots of work to do!

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    Is this an invitational? Or can anyone go?

It is invitational, there are 500 or 1000 people trying for 70 slots, goes by email timestamp when registration opens up.

Somewhere here on the forum, there is a really good writeup about a previous match by e.shell

ascmatch.com

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice shooting. Was going to ask what your 8-shot revolver was, but you listed it at the end.

Now going to do my usual, and read/view this thread backwards, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Below is my first match with a Limited gun. Well I did shoot one or two club matches before this. This was last years state match, I was happy with how I did even though I made a couple dumb mistakes. I was getting my feet wet in limited to prepare for this year.

Starting at 1:50, how far away are those small targets ? and what size are they ?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I was all ready to record at the 2-gun match yesterday at Quantico but I chickened out at the end. I have a hat mount for my GoPro Hero Session but I was concerned that it would droop at a bad time so I left it in the wagon. I need a tripod mount for the Session or a lighter camera for next time.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the go pro session cube works great. i use the lowest mount, drill a hole thru it, and bolt it onto my baseball cap at the back of the bill. very sturdy and steady. the mount that just clips on the front of the bill is def not as steady.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here's 9 or the 10 stages from this weekend's match. Loving this large scale local match they put on. Of course I forgot to record a stage. But missing 1 of 10 aint bad for me. If you are looking at the score link below its stage 7 that is missing video.
    I had 2 goals for this match. The first was to shoot clean which I did. In fact I only had 2 Deltas for the whole match.
    The 2nd goal was to work on creative stage plans. I feel I accomplished that goal as well. I seldom ran a plan that was the same as anyone elses.
    On the flip side, Accomplishing those goals meant that I ended up way too slow for the match. So I came 9/53 in Production. Not my usual showing but again I had some specific goals in mind other than winning since I am really trying to train up this new gun for the Majors fast approaching.
    DDC Instructor Trevor S. USPSA Production Master
    Gun: CZ Shadow 2
    My match scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/40379?q_division=6&q_individual=mmShooter_884465

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Quick little Outlaw USPSA match at The Machine Gun Nest.
    Came 2nd in Production(behind the GM) and 4th Over all.
    I had a chance to win Production if I had shot the 1st 2 stages like I shot last 2.
    I had an over all stage win on the last stage in fact.
    The first stage I totally screwed the pooch with my strong hand/weak hand shooting which I had yet to practice with the new Shadow 2.
    And on the 2nd stage I hesitated because it was an unloaded start and I didnt think I had wracked the slide all the way and I expected a missfire on the first round. Just threw me off for the rest of the stage.
    The last 2 stages went very well for me, but it wasn't enough to overcome my mistakes early on.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Quick little Outlaw USPSA match at The Machine Gun Nest.
    Came 2nd in Production(behind the GM) and 4th Over all.
    I had a chance to win Production if I had shot the 1st 2 stages like I shot last 2.
    I had an over all stage win on the last stage in fact.
    The first stage I totally screwed the pooch with my strong hand/weak hand shooting which I had yet to practice with the new Shadow 2.
    And on the 2nd stage I hesitated because it was an unloaded start and I didnt think I had wracked the slide all the way and I expected a missfire on the first round. Just threw me off for the rest of the stage.
    The last 2 stages went very well for me, but it wasn't enough to overcome my mistakes early on.

Nice work and nice meeting you Shuenanananmanananama. :)

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here's my 2017 EGW Area 8 Championship match video. Not a satisfactory performance for me. I shot too erratically. Need to focus on consistency for my next major (Carolina Classic coming up in a couple weeks).
    Ended up 25/152 in Production which is better than last year, but not representative of my current level of skill.
    Anyway it was a VERY fun and challenging match. Looking forward to next years offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom