• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well I have officially found out no one in the states is importing Fabarm. After being super disapointed I stumbled on to this. I think I met my new favorite gun. I'll be calling Remington tommorrow and ck'n into the possibility of a civilian sale. Its one hell of a system. You can get it complete or just the shorty. If I can get it I'll let you guys know.

Ck. it out, it would look real good on everybodies ARs

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    You might want to have a class III dealer make the call. They may have a contact that is willing to talk and Remington probably would be more open to a licensed dealer then to John Q Public.

Since it has a stock option, I would say that it would require the $200 SBR stamp and not the $5 AOW stamp.

I would contact Marlin, at PDI, forum name "carryaglock", since in the past he sold some NFA Remington shotguns.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    aw hell yeah, a 12ga under my carbine? is there ANYTHING like that available to civies? i mean, it would just be a SBS or AOW until you mounted it under your AR, right?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I was kinda kicking around the idea of getting a serbu, but as long as the price on that kit is not flat out laughable, I think that would be awesome, get a single $200 SBS stamp, and you get basically a shotgun for most any purpose out of it. If you can find a price on it let us know:)

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    attended a demo of them at an unnamed base-great weapon system but rep said they where for military/LE only. that was a couple of years ago things may have change by now.Never hurts to ask.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I was kinda kicking around the idea of getting a serbu, but as long as the price on that kit is not flat out laughable, I think that would be awesome, get a single $200 SBS stamp, and you get basically a shotgun for most any purpose out of it. If you can find a price on it let us know:)

They ain't cheap. I can't rmemeber exactly what they cost, but I rmember seeing what the incoming cost was on them I decided against ordering them.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    can someone make there own by mounting a serbu under an ar?

i saw that remington shorty without the kit on gunbroker last night

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They ain't cheap. I can't rmemeber exactly what they cost, but I rmember seeing what the incoming cost was on them I decided against ordering them.

:omg:

I was thinking the kit should probably runs about $1000-$1500, by your standards thats a decent red dot sight and a days supply of ammo, so it must be way overpriced.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well I have been on hold on and off all day today. I can't stay on constantly because I'm getting pretty busy at the shop. The longest I held on was 20 min. I'm sure it is available for civies because I found a couple of sites that sell a breech gun only kit but still has quick disconnect grip and carbine mount. When I find something out I'll let you guys know.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    :omg:

I was thinking the kit should probably runs about $1000-$1500, by your standards thats a decent red dot sight and a days supply of ammo, so it must be way overpriced.

$1500 sounds about right for IIRC. Add in the taxes and you have a $1800 shot gun. I thought the 14" Mossberg 590A1 SBS shotguns would sell at $595 and they are still hanging around. That $200 stamp puts a lot of people off for a shotgun.

The $5 AOW Remington's sell very well. The 10" and 14" ones sell almost as soon as they hit the case.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    tell us more about these SBSs :OD

Mine:

standard.jpg

Mossy 590A1 (metal trigger guard and safety as well as the heavier barrel) with speed feed stock and ghost ring sights ( I added the SureFire Forend after getting the gun).

I waited a year for mine. 9 months to get the gun and another 3 for the Feds to approve the transfer. Well worth the wait. I love shooting this thing.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Jeep,
    Can you get the 870 mcs? How much? I have been meaning to call but been too busy on hold or taking care of customers. I was there sunday at the range and didn't see the Rem or the mossberg. If you have the rem AOW in 14" how much are they?? and are they the ones with the remlock grip so I can mount it or is a fixed pachy grip. If you go to the shop any chance of a pic of the mossberg aow? I know I'm asking you alot but I appreciate it. If I'm going to give someone my money it might as well be you.

Thanks
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom