Now on my must own list, is it legal here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Ok, I just stumbled on to this and it has worked its way up to top 5 on my must have list. The problem is I am not sure if it is legal in MD. Would it fall under the 18" law or is it considered a handgun? If anyone here knows the answer please let me know. At least click the link and ck. it out, this thing is sick.

http://www.fabarm.com/products-martial-ultra-short.htm

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Legal in MD, yes.
    Need a tax stamp though unless maybe it has a rifled bore because I think it says it is a 36 cm which is less than fifteen inches making it a SBS, or if a pistol it would probably be a smoothbore pistol making it an AOW.
    If it was a pistol with a rifled bore and the ATF would agree it is a pistol, then it would have to get on the MD handgun roster in order to be sold here in MD.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well novus, as always you come through with the answer. I ck'd the site again and it has chokes so its a smooth bore. Now since it is legal where the hell can I find one? Answer that one cause I got to have it, how much is the tax stamp?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    it'd be better just to get a super shorty... shotguns with 14" barrels need a $200 tax stamp :(

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    martial-ultra-short3.jpg

probably legal if you get it imported and your NFA stuff.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I'll pay the stamp on this one. No worse than paying a stamp for a suppressor. Some things are just worth paying the gov't for wether its fair or not. Both of those mentioned fall into that catagory for me. Problem is I have googled for the last hour and can't find one. Where is the shit house google fu expert when you need him lol.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I'll pay the stamp on this one. No worse than paying a stamp for a suppressor. Some things are just worth paying the gov't for wether its fair or not. Both of those mentioned fall into that catagory for me. Problem is I have googled for the last hour and can't find one. Where is the shit house google fu expert when you need him lol.

Ironically, with a buttstock and pistol grip you can get it in Canada without a tax stamp.
    Less than a thousand bucks (Canadian) without pistol grip from this guy: http://www.wanstalls.com/Tactical-Shotguns/Tactical-Shotguns.html

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    You couldn't give me that thing unless I could figure out what to use it for. Even tacticool guns have a practical purpose for matches, HD and whatnot. Did I say that?

Get this one if you want a shotgun from that same company.

http://www.fabarm.com/products-beta-grade4.htm

Note: Most Italian shotguns are very good. Some are not. Fabarms are on the low end of acceptability.... not junk, but far lower quality (and price) than other Italian guns.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You couldn't give me that thing unless I could figure out what to use it for. Even tacticool guns have a practical purpose for matches, HD and whatnot. Did I say that?

There is a good reason why the Canadians like those 14" barrel shotguns, it is easier to take into the field. http://i4.tinypic.com/68mkpag.jpg

Note: Most Italian shotguns are very good. Some are not. Fabarms are on the low end of acceptability.... not junk, but far lower quality (and price) than other Italian guns.
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering why they weren't over a thousand dollars.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore

Wyoming not everything in life needs to be justified with a logical explanation. How about it looks cool and I want it. If I had to have a reason for everything I had I would live in a box, walk to work, eat corn meal, and wear a leaf on my loins.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Fabarms...Isn't that Hk??

No, they are not HK. They are imported by HK. This is the same relationship HK had with Benelli back in the day. When HK lost Benelli, they went to Fabarm which as Wyoming pointed out was a definite step (or couple) down.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    shouldn't it be $5 AOW? thats what a serbu shorty is. how much is that? i'm talking myself outta a serbu right now:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom