• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    I started putting a Knoxx specops adjustable stock on my Norinco 982. I have run into an issue with the stock not mounting flush (1/4 inch or so gap after it is tightened down (Yes I did remove the spacer). Has anyone done this succesfully? Trying to figure out if it is me, or if the Norinco isn't as exact a copy as I thought.

Thanx

Update....Umm Never mind :innocent0

...I put on my big boy pants and tourqued the he** out of it...it was a struggle but she snugged up nicely....

Last edited:

B1web

Jan 11, 2008
    As requested...........

Attachments

• EBS.jpg
      EBS.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 144

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    How does that stock work? Does the "I" beam attached to the receiver come back into a spring set into the stock section? Looks pretty slick. I'll take it off your hand if you can't get those screws tight enough:innocent0:D

B1web

Jan 11, 2008
    Thanx....I'm good...lol

Here is a cutaway of the recoil system

Attachments

• knoxx1.jpg
      knoxx1.jpg
      5.8 KB · Views: 90
    Last edited:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I am a huge fan of the Knoxx system! I have one myself on my 870. I have the CompStock though.

Now I am not a fan of a shotgun with pistol grip; I prefer the classic rifle stock.

And Jason, fellow B5er, you don't get what? Some fancy springs absorb the recoil. And do it VERY well.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    I am a huge fan of the Knoxx system! I have one myself on my 870. I have the CompStock though.

Now I am not a fan of a shotgun with pistol grip; I prefer the classic rifle stock.

And Jason, fellow B5er, you don't get what? Some fancy springs absorb the recoil. And do it VERY well.

Oh, yea I get the springs absorb the recoil, I am just trying to figure out what attaches to what/what pivots etc. to actually accomplish that. The cutaway makes it look like the stock is stagnant, and the springs are just placed inside solid components.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ya there is definitely more too it. While attaching my CompStock they have some different widgets and gadgetry in there.

Basically I think the reason the CompStock at least has that larger buttplate/endcap is to allow the rest of the stock to travel into it. So the buttplate remains in the shoulder as the gun travels into the buttplate. The buttplate is attached to the stock via spring. The spring retards the travel rate.

Looking at the SpecOps, the buffer tube again travels into the stock, spring retards travel rate. Now why in the pistol grip? Unless that spring attaches to the receiver to assist in retarding horizontal and even vertical travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom