• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    So I don't hijack Simplegreen's Thread I'll start a new one.

Let's put the 1911 vs. European (modern) handguns debate to an end. :D

It's a GLOCK, that's your problem. Get yourself a 1911! ;)

Of course, being a GLOCK, the problem is just about guaranteed to be ammo or spring related, and not much fun for us to try and diagnose. But with a 1911, it could be ANYTHING, from expensive mags that won't feed, to burrs and broken pins, they are a lot more fun to figure out.

Understood:D

Ammo.

Some guns don't like some ammo. Different manufactuers and different bullet weights can and will cause problems in differnet guns.

Wanna got head to head on that?

I'll bring my G34 (or Sig or HK) with 2000 rounds and you bring your 1911 with 2000 rounds. And we will count your FTF's and FTE's. I'll bet the Glock (Sig or HK) will come out on top.

I was waiting for you to chime in!

I may take ya up on that one just for the hell of it. By rough estimate, I've put around 1500 rounds through my 1911 with zero FTF or FTE's. Admittedly it wasn't all in one go, so you might get me there. Frostbite Shoot, perhaps?

I was waiting for you to chime in!

I may take ya up on that one just for the hell of it. By rough estimate, I've put around 1500 rounds through my 1911 with zero FTF or FTE's. Admittedly it wasn't all in one go, so you might get me there. Frostbite Shoot, perhaps?

Say the word! 2K of 9mm is nothing for my dear old 34, she'll eat it up and ask for more!

standard.jpg

Sorry man. I have this minor disorder that causes me to sing the praises of JMB whenever someone mentions Glock. :innocent0

Meanwhile, if you'd like to check the ammo...Jeep and I can test it for ya!;)

NEW THREAD

Let's have some fun, let's do this, and enjoy it. We are here to talk guns, lets shoot them and have fun !

I have 2000 rounds of 9mm I will put up as well as a Glock 34 (or other Modern 9mm pistol if requested, don't want to make it too unfair). I'm not talking a fast as you can pull the triggger test, but an all day no cleaning, no re-lubeing shooing test at the Frostbite Shoot.

None of use are rich and I don't want tot cost the 1911 shooters too much money :innocent0 . Let's not destroy guns, but enjoy shooting them in friendly competition.

I propose a bar tab as the stakes!

Any takers ? ? ?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    In another state, we'd already have the bets lining up on this... my money is on the Glock.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    To be a true test of guns, this would have to be a .45 caliber glock or sig vs a 1911. My money is on anything but the 1911 if you can't clean it.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    A real 1911 only comes in one caliber.:D

I just wasnt sure if this was 2000 round challenge between 45 or for anything;) I don't own a 45, but do think the 2000 round challenge would be fun. I know where there is a 45 I could borrow, but its a Kimber 1911 and seems to FTF/FTE after 400 rounds or so....I think I will leave it home with him :innocent0

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a relatively new 45ACP GLOCK 30SF with about 500 trouble free rounds through it so far, more than I can say for my kimber, that hasn't made it through more than 3 boxes in a session without a jam of some kind since it was new, the 2 trips back to the factory didn't even help.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    for this to be as accurate as possible, both the glock and 1911 have to be .45, have about the same round count OR both be brand new, no cleaning except for the cleaning the night before the shoot, MUST go through all 2k rounds before quiting or finishing.

IMO, its gonna be hard to go through 2k rounds in one day if your loading mags 1 at a time... better bring your speed loaders or load em up the night before...

AND, as much as i love 1911's, i personally put my money on the glock..

OH YEAH, the ammo has to be same manufacture AND type for both weapons, say 230gr WWB FMJ's

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    hahah, well, i'll see your glock and raise you a Witness. problem is i dont have 1000rounds, let alone 2k. if someone wants to sponsor the event, i'll bring a 10mm witness and we can run that (its not mine and i'm not payin out the bunghole for 2k rounds of 10mikemike)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Set it up like a "kissing booth"...er...well...without the kissing...or the booth.

It will be kinda painful to shoot it all by yourself, so charge guest shooters $1. per mag while you are resting to help re-coop the costs of the ammo. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom