• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    I see the Fairfax rod & gun has a Garand/Vintage match listed on there web site for september 17th. I went thru the web page and could not find out any contact information for the match.

Is anyone on this forum an active member in the club. If so can you find out if the match is open to the public. ????

Thanks, 8milimeter

Keystone

May 29, 2009
    The match is open to the public.

Please note that rifles other than those US type rifles described below may be used but will be considered "out of competition."

There will be a Garand match Saturday, September 17 at Fairfax Rod & Gun Club.

Fairfax Rod & Gun Club
    Benson Range
    7039 Signal Hill Road
    Manassas, Virginia 20111

Register at the Benson range at 8:00am, squadding at 8:30, firing begins at 9:00. The entry fee is $10.00, $5.00 for Juniors. Award amounts and categories will be commensurate with the number of entries. Competitors may use any “as-issued” U.S. service rifle including the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, M1941 Johnson or .30 Cal. M1 Carbine. Rifles must have standard stocks and be equipped with military-type web or leather slings. COURSE OF FIRE – 55 rounds total, 5 sighting shots and 50 shots for record, fired at the 200-yard line on the SR 200yd target.

STAGE 1, 5 sighting shots and 20 shots for record, prone position, slow fire, time limit 25 minutes.

Stage 2, 10 shots for record, prone, rapid fire, time limit of 80 seconds.

Stage 3, 10 shots for record, sitting or kneeling, rapid fire, time limit 70 seconds.

Stage 4, 10 shots for record, standing position, slow fire, time limit 10 minutes.

There will be NO alibis or re-fires.

NOTE: Ammo will NOT be provided.

Please bring exact change and bring your staple gun for re-facing the targets.

FYI:

http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.pdf

Questions? Need more information? E-mail: Alan Willard arwillard@comcast.net

Last edited:

NateG

Oct 16, 2009
    VA
    I showed up at last year's Garand match with my space gun, not realizing it wasn't the normal monthly HP match... Tom and Alan let me shoot out of competition, and even found the normal reduced HP targets for the prone stages--a space gun prone slow fire on the SR target would be a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. :evilgrin3

It did take me a while to figure out why I was getting so much grief for shooting a space gun... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom